LED H3 Bulb For Common Flood Lights

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOut

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-H3- ... enameZWDVW

SEE LINK ABOVE-

Has anyone tried these? I have the 55 watt halogen flood lights on my pilot house roof facing aft and they use too much power and are too bright. These are way cheaper than replacing with LED floods and would be easier. I was just wondering if anyone has tried these particular ones.

Pros- cheap, use way less power, longer life, easy to change out and use existing reflector housing.

Cons- Need Some help here? Maybe not as bright but that is ok as long as they are bright enough. I have two lights and these would equal one 55 watt halogen that would be plenty of light.

I may order a pair and test them out.

Maxout, I've never checked what kind of bulb my halogens use. Are these the same base? If so I would definitely think it's worth looking into.

TopShot25":190vywe4 said:
Maxout, I've never checked what kind of bulb my halogens use. Are these the same base? If so I would definitely think it's worth looking into.

If they look like these they are H3 bulbs. They are the most common used in these lamps and 55 watt halogen. I am going to order a pair to check them out.

Attachments

• Deck Light.jpg
    Deck Light.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 955
I and most likely a lot of others would love to see a side by side comparison if you do get some.

I have a pair of those and a Pair of these. I have never seen what the bulb actually is. You may be on to something, thanks for posting.

Attachments

• Jabsco 4x6 decklight.jpg
    Jabsco 4x6 decklight.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 942
Definitely interested. My goal is to convert to all LED wherever possible.
Please keep us posted. Ron

Same here R&R, I just ordered these and I will check them out. I will post when I get them and compare. I have LED lights on my tactical sights for my weapons that are a single 3 watt LED element that are as bright as my floods. If these are comparable to those I am sure I will be satisfied and with nine 1 watt LED's with a total draw of only .75 amps per light compared to 4.58 amps per light with the 55 watt halogens its a WinWin! (And way less money than those Hella "Mega Beam" LED flood lights @ $160.00 each at only 7 watt output)

TopShot- those Jabsco lights use a H3 too, it’s a 55 watt halogen bulb.

I am also looking into a LED festoon bulb that is exact replacement for the bow lights and would also reduce current draw. I plan on soldering it in to prevent connection issues. I priced replacement LED bow lights @ $79.00 ea. :shock: The festoon bulb that fits in the existing fixture is $12.00 a pair!!!!! I will post link.

Next is the mast light and cabin light and I will be 100% LED :lol:

If this all works out I may be able to work a package price deal with the distributor in Hong Kong to put a complete LED conversion kit together for Parkers!

If these bubs are up to par this should be a "Sticky"

I will work on it more this afternoon and catalog all the existing bulbs and post the LED conversion. I need to check the cabin (1157) ithink, gunnell lights, mast light, and # on bow festoon bulbs.

I'm all LED on my boat and most (if not all) of my projects have been posted here at one time or another.
The anchor/all-around light that you seek was a particularly easy project.

Edit: The festoon bulbs will work in some applications, but not for the all-around light, as the LED festoons are directional.

I have a LED mast light on my 2520. It's a complete replacement with about 30 led's arranged facing outward around the edge of the round housing.

Replaced the entire mast and light, using the factory perko base. For some reason I kept blowing out the rear bulb in my stock mast light. Got the LED light at the AC boat show for $15. Paid more than that for blown bulbs in the last 2 years.

I just ordered them too cant wait untill get them. What i don't understand is why you can't get things like this at a store..

I just got them in the mail and they're a disappointment. Not very bright at all--no brighter than a nightlite you plug in a wall socket. They look cool though...

My spreader lite is 10 years old and the grounging plate is rusted so the LED didn't even work. I had the direct connect it. If you have a new spreader lite, the housing might be cleaner/brighter so it might work as a very dim lite.

Attachments

• hal_0261.JPG
    hal_0261.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 603
  • led_0263.JPG
    led_0263.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 603
  • led_0262.JPG
    led_0262.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 603
Dam....how did you get yours so fast? I ordered mine the same day I posted this. Well I am not as anxious any more. What a drag. They seem to be brighter on the bench than in your light?? You may still have a connection issue. But it still seems as if they are a gimmick. I bought a $25.00 3Watt LED "taskforce" flashlight from Lowe’s with 1 led that is similar in brightness to one of my floods. I was hoping these used similar LED's as with 9 of them should be blinding. I may look into it further to see if they can be soldered in? Next time we should all pitch in order one set and if they pan out order more to help spread out the risk. I feel bad recommending these to everyone to find out they do not live up to there specifications....Sorry :?

If you guys want real bright LED spreader lights, speak to Chris at Coastal Night Lights. He converted my OEM spreaders to LED and they are VERY VERY bright. He now manufactures his own housings, which are MUCH slimmer than stock, and have many more LEDs than my converted lights.

I might actually pick up a set for myself, so I might have my converted OEM lights for sale real soon. 8)

I received my LED bulbs today apparently they had been there for 2 weeks they never sent me a card. I installed them tonight they are not super bright but they do not drop my volt meter at all. I will try to take some pics when i am out this weekend

Back