LED upgrade

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomc585

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got arount to updating the lighting on my 1801. I replaced the 2 OEM incandecent cockpit/deck lights with 7 LED units. I used the origial harness by tapping in, soldering and heat shrinking. Also added one inside the center console and in the bilge. The light at the bow actually illuminates into the anchor locker which wasn't intended but is a bonus.

Attachments

• deck1.jpg
    deck1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 56
  • deck2.jpg
    deck2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 59
  • console1.jpg
    console1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 61
  • bilge1.jpg
    bilge1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 62
  • anchor1.jpg
    anchor1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 57
You will see on the boat Very well, but I'm afraid your not gonna turn them on much, as you will get night blindness.

It doesn't take a lot of light to be able to see around the deck.

Thanks, its basically for loading and off loading. I never run with deck lights on....its too distracting and I'm not into the flashy colors that some use. There were only 2 dim incadencent lights originally which were barely adequate. I may add a dimmer if i decide i need lighting while running. The console and bilge lights are a game changer tho.

Thinking I might change out the single trow rocker for a double throw with a resiter on one of the trows for a fixed dim (high and low). I'll have to rig a temp potentiometer to find the right setting and then measure and match up a resistor. I'd rather not add a perminent rotating dimmer.
Any thoughts?

IT NEVER FAILS. I'm trying to find a source for replacement circuit breakers. OEM is Joemex 77 series. The replacements all seem to require redrilling the panel. I need a 3amp and I'd like to stock up on some otheres as spares.

Back