length of control cables for 1800 center console?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MV Tall Tails

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know how long the control cables are on a 1998 1800 Center Console? I realize I can pull them and look for the markings or measure, but if anyone knew I would order them and be able to do the swap much quicker. I tried a search but no luck. Thanks in advance.

If you look at each termination of the current cable there is a part number on the sheathing. I don’t recall which part it is but the length is incorporated into the part number. A quick google search of the part number should give you the information you seek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mheltunen said:
If you look at each termination of the current cable there is a part number on the sheathing. I don’t recall which part it is but the length is incorporated into the part number. A quick google search of the part number should give you the information you seek.

I checked that before posting. the question Unfortunately not all cables have it printed on the sheath at all, or near the terminations, as is the case with mine. I just thought it was worth asking in case anyone knew. I am going to get through next week and if nobody knows by then I will pull one of the cables and measure. Thanks!

Call the factory with your HIN and they might be able to help.

Megabyte":373pyikd said:
Call the factory with your HIN and they might be able to help.

Thanks, Megabyte, for the suggestion. I called yesterday and they were very nice. They were swamped so I had to call back again today but they did get me the information and apologized for the delay. I didn’t think 24 hours was a big deal at all, especially since they were doing me a favor. They were great!

Cables are 19’ for 1998 1800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are a well managed (tho busy) family owned business.
Glad that the call worked out for you. :wink:

Back