Let's see your 1801!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North Shore Boater

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am going on my third summer with my 1801, and so far I have kept her pretty much the way I bought her. I have a bimini top, casting platform, electronics, livewell, but the one thing I would like is more rod holders. I saw on another post the custom made leaning post someone had built and I was thinking of doing the same thing.

I am interested in seeing what other 1801 owners have done to customize their boats. If anyone can post pictures it would be great.

ONCE I CAN GET THE 3 FT OF SNOW OFF OF MY BOAT I WILL SEND PICS,I HAVE 15 ROD HOLDERS ON MY 1801.WE RUN PLANER BOARDS HERE.EVERYONE HAS TOLD ME I LOOK LIKE A PORKEY PINE COMING DOWN THE BAY.

Will post tonight a innovative idea for 4 additional rod holders at waist level I currently use on my 1801.

PARKER01":3cs3dcqy said:
ONCE I CAN GET THE 3 FT OF SNOW OFF OF MY BOAT I WILL SEND PICS,I HAVE 15 ROD HOLDERS ON MY 1801.WE RUN PLANER BOARDS HERE.EVERYONE HAS TOLD ME I LOOK LIKE A PORKEY PINE COMING DOWN THE BAY.

Don't feel bad!! I currently have 23 rod holders on my 1801. Thank god I don't use them all at the same time, but they each have their own specific use.

Fish factory, I like the T-Top, and that is an option, but I feel if I am going to go that route I should get a bigger boat. Yours looks great. What did that top run you?

One of my boat dogs and me enjoying my 1801
2009-09-20_003.JPG
2009-09-20_002.JPG

I hope to add a T-Top this year. As part of my definite plans for this year, i will ditch the high bowrail for a low rail on each side so I can add a trolling motor. I have a minn kota saltwater bow mount on my duckboat with a 52 inch shaft. This should be long enough and all I will need is two dog bone mounts to switch between the two boats.

Here is my 2007 1801 with approx 500 hours. I have a total of 24 rod holders which seems like it may be overkill, but when we fish with 3 persons and target several different species, it's nice not having to re rig our gear. I custom built a copper bridge which sits inside a couple of clamp on mounted rod holders attached to the factory grab bars. Very stable and I use this set up for trolling and it's nice having the extra rod holders at waist level. Hope this helps with any new ideas you may have...Ken
Also if you don't have trim tabs, Bennetts are the way to go!!!

Attachments

• DSCN2989.JPG
    DSCN2989.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 1,081
  • DSCN2990.JPG
    DSCN2990.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 1,081
  • DSCN2992.JPG
    DSCN2992.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,080
  • DSCN2995.JPG
    DSCN2995.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,081
  • DSCN2997.JPG
    DSCN2997.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,083
  • DSCN2999.JPG
    DSCN2999.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,083
FishFactory":38kpd05b said:
The West Coast guys don't scrimp when it comes to livewells and rod holders. :wink:

What are yer fishing for ?
We primarily bounce ball for Halibut, but other opportunities may open up the same day for Rock Fish, Thresher Sharks, Calico Bass, and Bonito. We usually make a few runs down to San Diego for Albacore, Yellowfin Tuna, and Dorado. Can't wait til April!!!!

FishFactory":3bo57bsi said:
The West Coast guys don't scrimp when it comes to livewells and rod holders. :wink:

What are yer fishing for ?
FF.
Ken is one of my local buddies here in Cali,and let me tell you his little rig is set up to the hilt.
When conditions are right he wont think twice about running up to 40 miles offshore w/that rig.
He ,and his boy are Halibut slayers.

Ken next time I see you ,and the boy at the ramp,make sure I get my hug so I can limit again!! :lol:
MJ.

Hey there MJ!!!
Look forward to another year of fishing with you and rest of the boys. Great we can meet up on this wonderful site. Hayden and I are ready to go "Offgassin" anytime!!!!

Keauhou":leuxpt0e said:
Hey there MJ!!!
Look forward to another year of fishing with you and rest of the boys. Great we can meet up on this wonderful site. Hayden and I are ready to go "Offgassin" anytime!!!!
OK sounds good!
Yeah this place is the greatest...no whinin,and slamin each other...very respectfull site.

Yep get ready to go,cause lobsters are gettin ready to close,and RF is gonna be bangin for the first month or so,then the WSB,and then TUNA!
looks like its going to be an awesome year!
Let me know when you ,and Hayden are ready! :wink:

MJ.

Keauhou,

When you tilt the motor up does it hit that copper bridge you made? I like it, very cool. You have the copper pipe mounted into standard rod holders. Do you have a close up picture of the clamp on rod holders attached to the grab bar?

Yeah you have to install the bar after tilting down a little. Bar is very easy to take in and out. Will post a couple pics this evening. I used a couple of hose clamps that I cris crossed around the rod holder for additional stability.

Micheal J":39pkblhw said:
Keauhou":39pkblhw said:
Hey there MJ!!!
OK sounds good!
Yeah this place is the greatest...no whinin,and slamin each other...very respectfull site.

Yep get ready to go,cause lobsters are gettin ready to close,and RF is gonna be bangin for the first month or so,then the WSB,and then TUNA!
looks like its going to be an awesome year!
Let me know when you ,and Hayden are ready! :wink:

Remember 1983 when El Nino brought Yellowtail to Santa Barbara? Maybe the same this year??? I had a 14 ft POS old wood boat and we were slaying off the oil rigs. Just imagine the damage we can do with your Parker and were all grown up too!!! :wink: :wink:

MJ.

few pics of my 1801,added the custom leaning post last season. looks awesome and is very functional with the 20 gallon livewell. Boat does it all, backwater pluggin to inlets and beach fishing.

Attachments

• parker1.jpg
    parker1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 905
  • leaning post 2.jpg
    leaning post 2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 906
  • leaning post 2.jpg
    leaning post 2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 905
  • parker4.jpg
    parker4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 904
  • parker3.jpg
    parker3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 903
Nice boats guys, I will get a few pics of mine up as well. Especially after I add a few things in the next couple of weeks. I am getting a few ideas. Thanks for all the pictures. Keep them coming

Keep it stashed on Martha's Vineyard for flyfishing and taking my kids out for stripers, bonito, fluke, and blues.

Great ride for my needs. Fast, economical, and easy to keep clean. Also fits in the garage, which helps it stay looking good.

Attachments

• Console.jpg
    Console.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 802
  • small parker in Tashmoo.jpg
    small parker in Tashmoo.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 803
  • tow vehicle.jpg
    tow vehicle.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 803
  • parker_leaning_post_012_164.jpg
    parker_leaning_post_012_164.jpg