Life Raft and EPIRB "Power Buy" at BOE Marine unti

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the 4 person raft and the McMurdo EPIRB (along with the free bag).
Pretty small package for a nearshore or inshore raft.

Attachments

• IMG_0989 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0989 (Medium).JPG
    50 KB · Views: 556
Jim is a great guy and runs a good shop, he set up my boat from the life raft, Ebirb down to the transducer, and I can personally say, when there is a problem, he makes it right as fast as he can , no matter what it is :)

Bryan A.":2yfcqmpk said:
Megabyte - did you buy that 4 person?? I am sort of leaning that way.

It is tempting... but I did not.

Where I am in the Chesapeake, if I was ever to get in a situation where I'd need a raft, there would be a half-dozen boats within a signal horns distance of me. :shock:

If I were further south in the Chessie (which is a bit more open), or if I was going fishing off the coast, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
I'm amazed at how compact they are. 8)

McMurdo makes a great product. You are going to hear some stories about how Mcmurdo epribs failed some test of epribs, done 4 years ago. One of their models did. They fixed the issue. People that owned ACR's were ragging on the McMurdos. Untill the 2nd test. ACR failed it the second time around.

Fact is, Coast Guard bought McMurdos PLB's last year for their guys. Please don't get me started by telling me it's because it was the lowest bid...... NO. It wasn't.

Anyway, if Jim can come through with a great price due to factory incentives, it would be a great time to step up.

I got the 6 person valise for about $1500 less a $100 rebate. Got a discount on the Mcmurdo PLB fast plus because I bought it as a combo deal. I think I paid $499 for the PLB and got one free battery replacement coupon. Also got the Revere ditch bag. Boat Show Special. Impulse buy. Sorry Jim.

Attachments

• 021608 006 (Small).jpg
    021608 006 (Small).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 486
Globally, McMurdo is the most well known brand.
In the United States, it's ACR.

Both have good products, so you really can't go wrong with either.

Never rely on a single safety device or system.
Always rely on a 'system of systems' to keep you safe. :wink:

Back