Live well location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somersault

Reaction score
Hello to all you Parker fanatics. I was recently indoctrinated into the Parker family by purchsing a 2320 SC. Any advice on where to locate a bait well which will probably not be permanently mounted.(thinking about a 30 gallon) Also my boat does have the stern seat, which might be in the best location. In tandem can you suggest a good locking twelve volt plug for the unit.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.

somersault":3uh98qr6 said:
In tandem can you suggest a good locking twelve volt plug for the unit.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.

Are you set on using 12V to aerate? Do you have a livewell pump already installed?

30 gallon

Attachments

• spring 2007 tobay 023 (Small).jpg
    spring 2007 tobay 023 (Small).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,104
  • spring 2007 tobay 022 (Small).jpg
    spring 2007 tobay 022 (Small).jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,103
I keep a 29 gallon Kodiak in the corner.

Attachments

• Picture 067 (Small).jpg
    Picture 067 (Small).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,030
mines right in the port corner by the pilothouse, right in front of the bow access step... sorry, the boat is filthy in this pic, just took it this weekend after the layup... she needs some lovin :( .... but you get the idea. i promise to clean her next time :oops: the well sits on a rubber nonskid mat, weve had her in 8 footers coming back from a tuna trip and she didnt budge. the pump is mounted in line with the washdown in the bilge, line in runs up under the covering board, and the line out runs down the deck and into the scuppers. works pretty well, and its removable in about 30 seconds with the twist of a hose connector, in case we need the room :)

Attachments

• livewell.JPG
    livewell.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 997
My bait tank is a Pacific Edge 48 gallon tank. It sits amidships on my deck.

All the plumbing is below the tank/through the deck. It has a dedicated though-hull pickup/pump and a dedicated through hull drain as well.

IMGP0530.jpg

Kevin G.

Very nice! 8)

Are the combing pads factory? They look awesome. I'm thinking of getting a set.

96TL,

Yes, they are factory installed.

I do like them very much, it gives you something soft to lean your thighs on while fishing.

Kevin G.

Kevin - How does that bait tank effect the cockpit usage? Like coolers and fish storage. As you know the 2530 has a slightly smaller cockpit than most Parkers. :D

Also, I would love to see some pics of the plumbing like Tara11 posted of his 2520.

Nice Bimini too. How do you like it and any pics of it up.

Lets talk 2530. :D :D

A nice collection of bait wells there guys!
Lets add a few more photos to this thread and make it a bait tank compilation! :)

Thanks guy for all the great locations to consider for my tank. The pics helped a lot. Now just need to decide which brand to purchase and get ready to put some fish in the boat. [/img]

Hello again Bryan,

My bait tank does not get ‘in the way’ when fishing.

With a 9’6” beam, we have the room! 8)

I actually carry two 120 quart coolers in the cockpit as well. I ‘tuck’ them in the sides.

One is full of ice, the other is empty. I use the fish boxes on the stern as bleed boxes, then transfer the fish to the empty cooler and add ice. Once (and if) that cooler is full, then I start to put the fish in the ice cooler.

I also had a table top that fabricated for the bait tank that sits on the bait tank that has cup holders cut into it. I will get a shot of it in the next week or so and post it. I will also get a shot of some of its plumbing and post that as well.

So nope . . . it is not in the way at all.

I have had three scoops of Anchovies in the tank and believe I could carry four scoops no problem at all.

The Bimini top is off the boat when fishing as it gets in the way of the rod holders when not in use. It would be very much in the way if the Bimini was up and you were trying to fish for Tuna.

Kevin G.

Back