Livewell Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve j

Reaction score
I am currently having my 2520 XLD rigged. I ordered a Parker 42 gal. livewell. The dealer hasn't installed it yet, and I have a question. Do any of you have one? The little slide-out lid looks rinky-dink.....but it may work very well. I don't know....I am used to a lid with hinges, and this one looks like it will just get in the way, or get lost. I'm considering telling the dealer to put a lid with hinges on it, or just forget it and purchase an after-market livewell. I have been unable to find a website for any others to consider. Can anyone give me some insight? I would appreciate it..Thanks

The slide out lid is the least of your worrys on that particular livewell.
The PVC pole that has a sliding ring on it to regulate the level of water you can maintain in the livewell is the hokey part.
The problem is that the pole doesnt fit very well into the bottom of the livewell and your water will leak out over time.
That what I have and frankly, I don;t know how to fix it.
Anyone else have this problem?

I have no experience with the Parker live well, but as a whole my experience with factory live wells is that at best most are barely acceptable. There are a lot of options out there. Check out Pacific Edge in Huntington Beach, CA and Offshore Products in Costa Mesa, CA.

Both have top notch quality products. I bought my 65-gallon tank Offshore off another Classic Parker member who I believe has the same boat as you. It's a great tank.

The best tanks are pricey but perform the best and IMO are well worth the price.

Just a side note, what ever tank you get make sure you get a high quality pump as well. I installed a Jabsco Cyclone.

Heres a link to my tank installation on my 2820 Parker "Fortuna": http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=4637

I must say I am quite happy with my 50 gallon trash can livewell.

It's round, easily portable, takes up no room when it's not in use (we store it in the Vberth during spring and fall striper seasons, and we take it off the boat during the early summer. Late summer we put it back on the boat because we net live peanut bunker for fluke & weaks.) We do not use the livewell for killies... The portable killie flow trolls do that job just fine.

To each his own, but my trash can livewell keeps 40-50 adult bunker alive all day long.

We even ghetto rigged the pump. The pump is a cheap bilge pump hose clamped to a bilge pump hose. we toss the pump over the side when we stop, and bam, fresh water shoots in to the trash can. When we move we grab the hose and stick it in the barrel ....Bam. Recirculating livewell.

I do plan on putting a dedicated pump with a sea strainer and sea cock in the boat, but we fish my boat VERY VERY hard, and getting time away from wetting lines is few and far betwixt.

The nicest livewells i've seen on parkers are the custom made jobs. That being said, my livewell will keep bunker alive better than a rectangular or oval well. Bunker are idiots, and will swim in a corner and die.

Thanks for the info, folks. I called the dealer this AM and told him that I wanted a hinged lid. I also told him to call Parker and find out if the leakdown problem is common....if so, I want it modified now to preclude any issues. I think that Parker will make Kodiak stand up and take responsibility. We'll see. I'll let you all know how things proceed.

I have a 48 gallon Pacific Edge bait installed mid-deck on my 2530.

It works GREAT!

I can fill it to the full 48 gallons or to 24 gallons (depending on how you have the drain pipe installed)

I have had no problems with it at all.

http://www.pacificedgetackle.com/category.aspx?categoryID=40

I have a dedicated pump and drain for the tank.

IMGP0530.jpg

Kevin G

steve jackson":2fs4zvn6 said:
Thanks for the info, folks. I called the dealer this AM and told him that I wanted a hinged lid. I also told him to call Parker and find out if the leakdown problem is common....if so, I want it modified now to preclude any issues. I think that Parker will make Kodiak stand up and take responsibility. We'll see. I'll let you all know how things proceed.

Please do!!
I'd love to know how to fix my livewell

CaptainJim":2zw7uip4 said:
I must say I am quite happy with my 50 gallon trash can livewell.

It's round, easily portable, takes up no room when it's not in use (we store it in the Vberth during spring and fall striper seasons, and we take it off the boat during the early summer. Late summer we put it back on the boat because we net live peanut bunker for fluke & weaks.) We do not use the livewell for killies... The portable killie flow trolls do that job just fine.

To each his own, but my trash can livewell keeps 40-50 adult bunker alive all day long.

We even ghetto rigged the pump. The pump is a cheap bilge pump hose clamped to a bilge pump hose. we toss the pump over the side when we stop, and bam, fresh water shoots in to the trash can. When we move we grab the hose and stick it in the barrel ....Bam. Recirculating livewell.

I do plan on putting a dedicated pump with a sea strainer and sea cock in the boat, but we fish my boat VERY VERY hard, and getting time away from wetting lines is few and far betwixt.

The nicest livewells i've seen on parkers are the custom made jobs. That being said, my livewell will keep bunker alive better than a rectangular or oval well. Bunker are idiots, and will swim in a corner and die.

Like minded: http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... ight=wally

steve j":3iasf0tj said:
I am currently having my 2520 XLD rigged. I ordered a Parker 42 gal. livewell. The dealer hasn't installed it yet, and I have a question. Do any of you have one? The little slide-out lid looks rinky-dink.....but it may work very well. I don't know....I am used to a lid with hinges, and this one looks like it will just get in the way, or get lost. I'm considering telling the dealer to put a lid with hinges on it, or just forget it and purchase an after-market livewell. I have been unable to find a website for any others to consider. Can anyone give me some insight? I would appreciate it..Thanks

Save your money and save space!

See 19th post down:

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... light=live

I have my 20 gallon trash can from HD, a baitwell pump hooked to it with pvc connections from the hardware store and the drain is some old sump pump hose over the transom. Ugly as sin but takes up little room, stores easily, and can remove completely when not in use. Total cost was less than $20.
Works for me but in Mid chesapeake we really only use wells about 2 months a year livelining spot for Stripers so it makes sense.

Latest posts

Back