long ride but it was worth it, COD GIANT SEA BASS Ling cod

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelyNauti

Reaction score
Montauk lat 41.04'18.33N lon 71.55'33.05 W
Usually once a year I take the ride on a nice day in November and Hit Naragansett Bay to crush the 7# plus we usually killem there.......so it was 0 to 5 W the sea was DEAD Flat.......

left at 330 ish hit the First drop at first light at 628 am BANG life but no monsters, picked 10 to 20 2 to 3# ers then moved to a second and then a third drop managed tog up to 5# but nothing like it has been the last few years.

SO BIG DECISION we decided to head all the way to a wreck that sits in 177 feet for cod and sea bass that was 30 plus miles from where we were but we needed a FIXX lol so off we went.....

WE get close and we see ONE lone boat sitting there we had not seen anyone all day !!! anywhere (IT WAS A MONDAY)
so we roll up and thank god it was someone we know well.... they had just gotten there a few minutes b4 us but they had dropped a hook on top of the wreck !!! we asked if they minded if we drifted around them they said no problem ,NICE!!!

IT WAS LOCK N LOAD

Double header 10 to 15 # cod
Double header 3 to 6# hump back SEA bass!!!!
Ling Cod
Bergals
a few monks
WOW in our tee shirts!!!

NICE a day to remember
I cannot post picks due to the fact that the other boat was 10' from us and others are in every picture but trust me it was AWESOME!!!
Small clue (the wreck is 23 miles off the point south west)

haha, im done fishing for the year.

ranger would be my next guess

dead west off the mtk point, cant think of the wrecks with 170 ft of blue

Is there another name for Ling Cod on the East Coast?

When I google it; the descriptioin states it's a West Coast fish?

gundog":2euo83ym said:
Is there another name for Ling Cod on the East Coast?

When I google it; the descriptioin states it's a West Coast fish?

This is a Ling Cod (or at least what we call a ling cod on the west coast):

(Picture from another post here by seasonsfishing)
6-3.jpg

One of the ugliest, meanest, and best-tasting fish in California, if you ask me. They are out of season in mid-winter, but come Spring, I'll shoot as many as I can...

Do yours look like this?

Latest posts

Back