• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a used 2520, 2530 or 2820/2830 deep vee

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codeman671

Reaction score
I am looking for a good used Parker, any of the models above can be considered. Extended cabins are preferred. I do not need a tower or excessive fishing gear, I will not be using it to fish (sorry guys). Prefer outboards on a bracket, not on the transom as I want clean deck space. I want to stay with a 21 degree deadrise is possible.

Electronics are not that important-I can add what I want.
Heat would be great
Will want a rear bench and bimini but I can add if not equipped
Looking for as much seating inside as possible, could care less about galley setup and would pull it out if present.
Do not want or need a freestanding livewell.

This should be a decent list of criteria. Please let me know if you have anything or know of anything reasonably priced.

Thanks in advance!

I do check that often, thanks. I actually just got into a bit of a tiff with someone selling a Parker that I found on there. The guy told a few lies about the boat and his ownership that I was able to prove as false. I told him to keep it. Shame though, although overpriced it was a nice boat.

DMD":1zo7ntq2 said:
have a 2530 with twins. Not cheap though

Send me some details. [email protected]. I'll certainly look at it if it is reasonable compared to where it should be.

I have seen a few out there lately, many have been priced high enough that I doubt they will ever sell.

salbrent":28yfc989 said:
I saw some recent postings at http://jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cpboat
last night

You might wish to review them

Thanks, I did see them as well. I am thinking of bidding on the ebay boat but am concerned with the hours being so high, plus the tower is definitely not needed.

The 95 with the newer hondas is decent, but the guy lied to me when I talked to him. Told me he had the boat for 6+ months and was unclear on a few details. Turns out after some digging I found out he bought the boat out of NC for $25k, dumped the trailer and marked it up to $43,900 after a month. I applaud the guy for getting such a good deal, but the lies were not necessary. I have access to what all brokers have sold their boats for if listed on a certain site, so it was pretty easy to bag him.

Ya I knew about the twin Honda 2530 4sale in Nov of 09 & shortly B4 Xmas being sold then about a month ago the same boat showing up in jaxed site mashed & selling for a significantly much more

I replied 2 the craigslist add, not asking about the the sale but how he or she liked the boat after owning it for a little while and asking so much more in value
And to my SHIGRIN they did not reply!!! :wink:

Canuck":3ua4c9r9 said:
Ya I knew about the twin Honda 2530 4sale in Nov of 09 & shortly B4 Xmas being sold then about a month ago the same boat showing up in jaxed site mashed & selling for a significantly much more

I replied 2 the craigslist add, not asking about the the sale but how he or she liked the boat after owning it for a little while and asking so much more in value
And to my SHIGRIN they did not reply!!! :wink:

Too funny. I spoke with him at length, got all kinds of info/stories on the boat then found the reported sale on soldboats that night. I called him on it the next day and ended up battling back and forth for a few hours over emails. I would have bought the boat if he would have gotten it into the mid $30's, but $44k with no trailer and full of lies was not of interest. He is still sitting on it.

I have settled on wanting a 2530 (or the new 2830 style when it comes out soon!). I really need the seating.

Anything out there?????

So do you want that 2820 07 twin 250's my buddie will sell it for 72K firm..... its mint i almost bought it last year i had it surveyed it checked out 100%....

if you do ill put you in touch he is a Dentist .....so ill get you his home phone......its wrapped up in MTK

ReelyNauti":3aapy7y5 said:
So do you want that 2820 07 twin 250's my buddie will sell it for 72K firm..... its mint i almost bought it last year i had it surveyed it checked out 100%....

if you do ill put you in touch he is a Dentist .....so ill get you his home phone......its wrapped up in MTK

At this point I am going to stick with extended cabins only. I am sure it is a great boat and I would love that deck space but need the interior seating. A 2530 or 2830 only for now.

Gotcha, well the 2530 will be the winner.........then i dont see parker making a 2830 unless its custom , i dont think it practical to invest in a mold blank in these times....

some one here mentioned a 2830 one of a kinder in Fla...i think....
but good hunting just the same

ReelyNauti":25f8j0yj said:
Gotcha, well the 2530 will be the winner.........then i dont see parker making a 2830 unless its custom , i dont think it practical to invest in a mold blank in these times....

Parker is actively working on a proto 2830 style boat now for release. It should be done soon. I have an email from them back in February stating that they were waiting on the windows and hoped to have something ready for preview in April or May.

My local dealer told me at the Boston Boat show that it was coming within the next year or so, but from what I learned from the factory is that it will be a lot sooner. I am surprised nobody else has heard anything about it on here.

ReelyNauti":29a01zzy said:

i wouldnt be that suprised, actually. they had a 2830 out a few years ago, but it had lines and a cabin design that was considered by some to be unattractive (i liked it :wink: ). anyway, maybe theyre relaunching it (2530 went out of production for a few years) with some new tweaks or something. its a really cool boat, bridges the gap between the 2530 and the 34(30) very well. as far as the molds go, i'd guess that its probably the same mold as the 2820, seeing as that hull came out after the 2830 "flopped" and the house mold, if theyre using the same one, exists already. would basically be a matter of layup and fit out. thats just my conjecture though, could be theyre coming out with a whole new hull... cool 8)

codeman, my apologies for derailing the post. i know you mentioned removing the galley package in another thread, my 2530 does not have this option and has a stbd bench seat instead. so you can definitely get rid of it, just a matter of whether or not it'll fit through the door or if the sawzalls getting a workout. good luck with your purchase either way.

I am presently looking at what I think may be the same boat mentioned above, the '95 with newer Honda's. (FMF?) This would be my first Parker, but I have been kicking tires for several years and am somewhat educated on the boat, and feel the 2530 is the boat for me. I read the info above, if there is anything more to add, specifically around the previous NC sale and what "stories" were told by the current owner I'd like to learn of them. I was told several stories as well, and would like to learn all I can. My email is [email protected] if any of it doesn't belong on the forum. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Latest posts

Back