Looking for Advise on purchase of 2006 2120 SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megmac

Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering purchasing this https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 200227857/ 2006 2120 sc with 2006 yamaha 200 four stroke / 750 hrs. I've been searching trying to find a site that might show what this is actually worth and if it's a good deal with no luck. Judging by some of the past sales on this site it appears a bit high so Im asking for advice. Any help is appreciated

Some decent options and if taken care of? It’s in the ballpark. $30K to $34K is where I see comparable boats listed. Just putting on that Windless for example, will cost at least $1K by the time you are done. How decent is the trailer? That’s value. Condition of the boat is key. Good luck.

very clean and well equipped. I would get the financing lined up and go to see it. I didn't see the motor hours. I would have motor checked for dry exhaust corrosion issue. Good suggestion on the trailer - aluminum?, age of tires which can good great but fail in use, check for leaks, hull bottom, check radar and lift mounting points are well sealed.

I dont know how many 2120 boats are available today. Sometime paying a premium is more important than time to find the perfect boat

Hi, Thanks for your input. The boat is in the water so haven't seen the bottom of the boat or the trailer. I do know the bottom has painted as it has been at a slip last several years. This is a yamaha 2006 F200trx with 750 hours, not sure if the corrosion issue is with this model or not. The boat itself appears to be in great shape. The owners are super nice and willing to give me some boating tips as this is my first boat. Unfortunately here in the Northeast I will not be able to use it till next spring so it will be driven to my house , winterized and shrink wrapped. Its a huge investment in an area Im not familiar with so a bit nervous. The information on this website has been very informative, sure I'll be reading all winter.

That boat has sat in the water for quite some time! I'm not saying its a deal breaker, but look at the growth on those tabs. OB kept down at all times or trimmed up?

I wouldn't worry about it being wet slipped. Hell, I bought my boat new in 1999 and it sits in the saltwater from April 1 to Dec 15, 21 seasons now.
Definitely have it pulled to inspect though. Is it still in the water now? Going to be difficult to get a good look at the bottom if it's not been power washed first.

I posted several comments last night probably in the wrong post

Use Yamaha Ring Free with gas

Buy a factory shop manual.

Tilt motor to full down and with rams fully retracted to drain water

You have the option to install a door in the wrap to access and
use a fan on good days to air out the boat to reduce condensation and mold growth.

Remove all cushions. Open all hatches like deck, cabinets. Crack windows a little

You can rest trailer on wood blocks and remove tires and store inside. Service bearings now or later

Thoroughly clean inside and out, and dry

Clean cushions and store inside home. Remove other items

Disconnect batteries. Can be moved inside and use a smart charger on them like Battery Minder or replace next season if old

Reduce anchor rode, clean, dry and store inside

Clean anchor rode locker well and check the drain is clear. Leave hatch open

Check all bilge pumps work and clean and dry bilges before turning off power.

Store with full tank of gas with Ring Free and fuel stabilizer
or
store low and fill with fresh gas before boating

Drain washdown pumps

all are m2cw

Looking at the posting the vessel appears to be in good condition and well equipped. IMO the price is a tad high but perhaps there is room for some negotiation. I would strongly encourage you have a survey conducted (by a reputable marine surveyor) and have the engine looked at by a mechanic before committing. These are rock solid vessels with a sterling reputation and I doubt you would be disappointed with your purchase. Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All, just wanted to say thanks for all the advice. There is a lot of good information here, thanks for taking the time to reply. I am hopeful to purchase this boat sometime next week. Unfortunately there will be no time to play with the new toy as winter here in the North East can come fast. It will be winterize and shrink wrap then think all winter how to make some minor upgrades.

Update: I purchased the Parker today, this is my first boat and Im very excited. So much to learn but super excited for next season. Unfortunately it will sit all winter shrink wrapped but nothing I can do about that. Thanks for all the advice.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 155
Back