Looking for net or webbing or other storage devices..

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
Somewhere I've seen pictures of nets attached to the top of the forward cabin to store light bulky items.

I'm looking for ideas for that as well as for stowing other gear forward. In the past I've used plastic bins.. they work...but they are always sliding around.

During my spring cleaning it occured to me the cushions have never been used so I'm removing them and thinking of securing bins to the flooring of the bunks.

Thoughts... comments?

Thanks,

Richard

i used the space youre talking about to store my bulky offshore type I life vests that were always getting in my way. to do so, i rigged up a bungee cord system to keep them in place. works very well. in hindsight, i would probably have been better off using blocks of wood than starboard, because its a pain in the a$$ to try and glue up to the glass on the inside. but other than that, it works great. the pictures are in this thread:

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... hread+pics

on my old boa in the cuddyt I used some cargo netting purchased at good ol walmart. It was in the auto parts section. I mounted with small screws that had a platic clip that the shock cord for the netting fit into perfectly. It worked great for life jackets, towels,ect...

Richard... I also use plastic bins in the v-berth area.
To keep the bins from sliding around, I use those rubberized 'waffle mats' that you see used under coolers.
Rubbermaid also sells a rubberized material that is used to line kitchen cabinets and keep dishes and glassware safe.
I use the Rubbermaid product on my helm to keep things from sliding around.

I have several of those cooler mats in my v-berth and nothing has moved yet. :wink:

Back