looking to become a parker owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdevil

Reaction score
hello all nice site .
we are in the process of looking into buying our 1st parker and getting out on the ocean next spring. I was torn between a walkaround or a sport cabin but have decided on the sport cabin...I like the benifits of the enclosed cabin and ability of getting out of the weather.
I am a little confused on all the different models as in a 2310,,2320,
dv,xlec,sl, and all the others
I want a 23' sport cabin with a full transom extended motor w/swim platform.
what should I be looking for? all suggestions and clairifcations would be appreciated. Looking foward to finding the right boat for us . we live in the northeast and any recomendations would be great.

thanks for the insight . I definitly like the sport cabin but what is the big differece in a mod -v vs. a deep-v ? I plan on looking @ a few this weekend so I guess that will make things a little clearer about them.
I am also curious about what power plant will be right.

the look is over we just found the boat for us...great site lots of info and forums to search.
pick her up next week.

2010-09-26_13-59-57_160.jpg

DSCN2220.jpg

snowdevil":2cyibk8i said:
what is the big differece in a mod -v vs. a deep-v ? I plan on looking @ a few this weekend so I guess that will make things a little clearer about them.

The mod vee is a 16 degree deadrise hull, while the deep vee is a 21 degree deadrise hull.

snowdevil":15m8vsiu said:
the look is over we just found the boat for us...great site lots of info and forums to search.
pick her up next week.

Welcome aboard to another XL and good pics too :D Any details you would like to share; year, engine, electronics, special equipmentYou will have a blast on her. As you personalize her to your taste, post some pics of your projects. You can use search on this site to find out how things are supposed to work on her. Most all of us remember the day when she came home and the wife was promoted to admiral... :lol: :wink:

Thank you it is going to be great being a new parker family member. As for the boat it is an 2002 w/ 225 yamaha 4 stroke. It has simrad chart plotter /ff , furuno radar, custom made lobster davit and in great condition. I was looking around @ some of the mods done here and would like to know how people go about screwing things like cup holders and storage racks/ shelves to the interior walls? It looks pretty thin and I would be worried about going right threw. I need to do something in the way of storage and holders so any input will be helpful. what size screws are used and where will be the best place online to start collecting the essential gear to outfit her properly? what are the must do's for getting it ready?

There are some areas in the cabin where you can screw (or through-bolt) items.
One of those areas is the panel in the area where the top cap and the hull come together.
I have two of these 4-place cup holders mounted (one on each side).
They hold my koozies, flashlights, and all sorts of small stuff that you'd like to have available.

Image-5C4F322E4F5411DB.jpg

If you want to mount something directly to the inner hull, many people have used epoxy.
There are many examples of different mounting methods to be found in the "Projects" area.

Hope this helps!

Megabyte, is that cup holder/paper towel dispenser home made or commercial? If its home made, would you happen to have the plans for that?

jrp21122":30et11jg said:
Megabyte, is that cup holder/paper towel dispenser home made or commercial? If its home made, would you happen to have the plans for that?

I believe the cup holder item is commercial, but I have no details on it.
They were on the boat when I bought it.

The paper towel holder was my addition. It's just your basic plastic holder that you can get at the dollar store.
I have one in the cabin (stbd side) under the cup holder, and another under the aft port side washboard.
You can just barely see it tucked under there in the photo below.

Image-5C512AD44F5411DB.jpg

The paper towels come in handy when fishing. :)

what size screws do you use? I see alot of holders with suction bases also how do these work?
picking it up sunday so I am sure once I can check it out in person I will figure what will work best for me.. This week is not going by fast enough.........

snowdevil":225h95ts said:
what size screws do you use? I see alot of holders with suction bases also how do these work?

Don't recall the screw size, but the plugs I cut out of the washboards to install my rod holders were 5/8" thick.
3/8" screws should be plenty. Your not holding much weight, so the screws don't need to be deep.

Thankyou , we actually just picked the boat up today and have her home so it is all mine !!!
Yes that is a custom made lobster davit the previous owner fabricated. pull a couple of pins and it set right out over the side reasl nice. we plan on trying our hand @ lobstering so I guess it will be real nice, just need to get a block and tackle for it. I will try and post some pictures of it all set up...

2010-09-26_13-58-51_394.jpg

2010-09-26_13-59-57_160.jpg

Back