Loss of Power

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beaches

Reaction score
23SE 200HP Yami. Crossed boat wake yesterday and immediately I had a loss of RPM w/o throttling back. The motor seemed to gather itself fairly quickly, bot I am still curious as to what may cause this. Not really ever in a big hurry to get anywhere, but I did open the boat up this weekend. Flat water I was able to get her to max out at @43mph. Does this seem right? The boat does have hard t-top.

how big was the wake? sometimes when im loaded up pretty good and come up behind a big wake ill slow time a good bit and put out a cool big splash

Check all of your battery connections and the connections to the motor. This happened to me and it was a bad connection to the motor. You really need to be sure they are all tight and clean.

Cheerios":1whh1cvg said:
Check all of your battery connections and the connections to the motor. This happened to me and it was a bad connection to the motor. You really need to be sure they are all tight and clean.
And THROW AWAY the wing nuts if there. Put a properly sizes SS split-lok-washer on first, then the battery cable and then a properly sized INTERNAL-tooth SS lockswasher and then nylok nuts that must be toruques with a wrench.

Now, if it wasn't electrical ... check and remove your fuel pickup up out of the tank, using 2 box wrenches 180-degrees apart. 'Lint' will build up in the tank and is prone to clogging the end of the fuel pickup in rough water.

Beaches...Had the same problem...I changed my vst filters on my 2001 200 HPDI and corrected the problem. It seems to be a big issue with the added ethanol in the current fuel we use. Im not sure what type engine you have but thought this might help. Please feel free to PM at anytime.

Back