Lower unit oil ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
Hi all,
I changed the gear oil on my lower unit on both motors and I did it just the way I was told and have 2 quarts left over like I was also told I should have , on one motor when I dissconnected the filler tube about a shot glass full came out before it air locked, is there any way to add a tad through the oil level hole just in case, I tried today and nothing seemed to go in, is there any tricks ? Or not to worry ?
Thanks in advance !
Craig

When you filled the lower units, did you fill from the bottom hole?
If you did... once lube comes out of the top hole, you are done. No need to top off.

Step One.

Remove both drain plugs.
Keep the drain plugs separate because they are NOT interchangeable on an OX66.

DSCN0001.JPG

Step Two.

Hook to the bottom drain hole and start filling the lower unit.

DSCN0004.JPG

Step Three.

When lube starts draining out of the top hole, replace the top drain plug.
You can now remove the lower fill tube.
Like soda in a straw, lube will not come out of the bottom hole when you remove the fill tube.
Replace the drain plug and you are golden.

DSCN0005.JPG

That's it! :)

That's what I did, so I guess I'm good, when I disconnected the pump hose, about a shot glass full or less came out before I got the screw back in :(

The oil I replaced was such a different color, I have not done car/boat mechanics for 30 yrs, but need to save money with my wife out for months, she was not laid off, she broke her tibia and thialibia clean in half doing martial arts ! But thanks for all the help !

Back