Lowrance 7600 HD GPS Chartplotter

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Principal Reeler

Reaction score
Guys, I'm really enjoying this chartplotter (10" screen is the ba**s :D). The screen makes my vision problems fade away like magic :wink:.

However, I have an issue, question really, that's been nagging me :shock:.

The hard drive is packed full of goodies. But this unit will also take a Navionics Gold Card.

Anybody familiar with the Navionics Gold cards ?? Do they really contribute that much more data (most specifically with the charts) to justify another $200 for the chip ? Thanks !

Mac

Mac, I don't know anything about that particular unit, but I can tell you that the Bluechart chip in my Garmin really adds detail to my charts. In fact, I have two chips in my Garmin 2010 - the Bluechart chip and the Bathymetric chip.

Give Jim Maier a call at BOE Marine and ask him the question. Jim is a dealer for Lowrance, Garmin, and several other lines of nav gear. I'm pretty sure he could answer your question. Tell him I sent ya from ClassicParker. :wink:

866-736-5926

Mac -

I used to have a Lowrance black & white GPS/fishinder. About five years ago, I bought a Navionics card, which added a great deal more detail to the depth contours and other mapping data.

Last winter, I purchased a new Lowrance 10" color screen unit. It has a large hard drive with a lot of mapping software already built in. Out of curiosity, I took my 5-year-old Navionics card and placed it in the unit's card reader. By working the buttons, I can select either of the mapping softwares. I found that the old Navionics card gave more contour data than the built-in software. On the other hand, I was often able to zoom in closer using the built in software than I can when the Navionics card is selected.

I cannot comment on the Navionics Gold card, but it should do at least as well as my older Navionics card -- and probably will do better.

Back