• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lowrance LCX-28C HD chartplotter / fishfinder combo

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry

Reaction score
For Sale: Lowrance LCX-28C HD chartplotter / fishfinder combo $390.00

Free Shipping to CONUS.

This sale includes the LCX-28C HD head unit, NauticPaths coastal US cartography software pre loaded, instruction manual, mounting bracket, power cable, all the NMEA connectors to make a typical installation, 15ft drop line for antenna installation and a dual frequency skimmer transducer with speed capability and mounting hardware. Not included in this sale is a GPS antenna/receiver.

To make this unit operational you will need an LCG 3000 GPS receiver, or a Lowrance point 1 antenna. The point 1 antenna will make GPS reception and refresh almost instantaneous.

This unit has a large 7-inch diagonal display which lets you view the information with great clarity and detail.

I am the original owner of this chartplotter/fishfinder. This unit was installed new in October 2008. I am selling it because I have upgraded to a Lowrance HDS7 to get structure scan. In my opinion, the cartography software in the LCX is superior to the Lowrance insight, or Navionics software offered in the new machines.

The unit was installed in a cabin and was removed and stored at home after each use. The unit was never exposed to the weather.

The paddle wheel on the speed sensor of the transducer is missing therefore the speed indicator does not work. You will need to get a new paddle wheel.

The transducer works perfectly at low speeds, however it is intermittent at high speeds. This is probably due to improper installation. I did not try to adjust the transducer position to get better high speed reception because I only needed it when I was going slow. The chartplotter depth readings were more than enough to keep me out of trouble.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

Barry

Attachments

• P1050285.JPG
    P1050285.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 255
  • P1050280.JPG
    P1050280.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 255
  • P1050264.JPG
    P1050264.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 253
  • P1050267.JPG