Megabyte and gw204 do the live line dance.....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
And had a good day..

We took my Judge 27 Chesapeake out of Annapolis today and each ended up a fair number of fish despite wind gusts to 20knots this morning.. It was great getting out and fishing with the fellow CPers!

here is Megabyte with two nice Chesapeake summer fish!

Attachments

• KevFish1.jpg
    KevFish1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 396
Nice...
thumbsup.gif
( We need one of these here)

maybe in addition to the Annapolis area Rendezvous we should consider a CP fishing trip? I would defiantly come down for a week end..........boys only of course!

It was a great day on the Bay with Greg and Brian on the B-Faithful
I had only tried live lining twice before and was never successful. Greg showed us how it was done.

First stop was a honey hole where Greg knew the spot hung out.
It took me awhile, and some gear changes (hooks too large), but we put about 30 spot in Gregs live well.

Then, it was off to structure to find where the fish were holding.
As Greg said, it was blowing 20kts so getting a hook set on the anchor wasn't happening.
That is when we resorted to drifting (and using the motor) to try and pick off some fish.

I hooked up on the first, and largest fish of the day, A 30"er on a fast drift in swift current.

web.jpg

After this fish, we decided to find a little protection from the wind where we could anchor and it was game on!
Here is Brian hooked up with a 29" fish.

web.jpg

Greg ready with the net...

web.jpg

Gotta get a measurement...

web.jpg

Nice summer fish!

web.jpg

Have to show Greg hooked up!

web.jpg

Best I can figure, we picked off about 14 fish during the day, with a number of 'almosts'. :)
We kept the deep hooked ones and released the lip hooked ones, and came home 1 fish shy of our limit.
We were holding that slot open for 'bubba', but he never showed up.

All in all, a great day, with great friends, and I got to learn a lot about live lining!
Lets see, all I need for next year is a portable live well... and a windlass. :D

Nice going on the fish Kev!

Who is the walking billboard for BOE Marine?

Maybe he can get you a supergreat deal on a portable baitwell :mrgreen:

If not, I can show you how to make one for under $60 that works perfectly. Not pretty, but very functional.

Back