Mighty Mite anchor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Anybody try a Mighty Mite anchor for use over wrecks and man made reefs? Interested in your experience with them. Did you just change out your normal anchor or use a separate anchor line?

I had one that I loved, used it till the tines broke off. Bought two more and both broke at the attachment after two uses and lost both.

My opinion now is they are junk. Best bet for me was to make the same style out of rebar, works the same and way cheaper. If you lose it, which I have not yet. Easy to replace. I make up 3 or 4 at a time.

No, I have a plow on the pulpit, and use the grapple when fishing in the rocks. Keep the whole thing in a plastic box or bag because sometimes I use it off the stern, other times off the bow depending on the spot.

No grapple will work in sandy conditions so you need different set ups.

Yep...I know the grapple won't hold in sand, and I didn't want to switch it out over wrecks.
I will work it with a little chain and separate rode off bow. Makes more sense. Appreciate your help. Also look into making my own with rebar. Thanks again.

Back