MOB+ install question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSW

Reaction score
Hi,
I've bought an MOB+ and plan to install it with my 2 stroke Yamaha 175 Saltwater Series II. I've read the quick guide and some online info about the installation.

I plan to hook it up per the Yamaha close to kill wiring in parallel with the existing kill switch. What happens if you do not power on the MOB+ in this case?

Does anyone know if the power switch to the MOB+ is off, and the old kill switch has it's lanyard attached, does the MOB+ allow you to start the motor?

I've read suggestions that when it's installed in parallel you can add a switch to interrupt one leg going to the MOB+ and that allows you to activate it or isolate it and then depend of the old kill switch. I like the idea in concept but I think two MOB+ switches (power) and (active/inactive) may be confusing.

Looking forward to using it but still figuring out the best installation plan. Anyone put one in and have any suggestions?

Thanks

I dont have one but read the manual

"plan to hook it up per the Yamaha close to kill wiring in parallel with the existing kill switch. What happens if you do not power on the MOB+ in this case?"

The mechanical switch will still work independently of the other switch

"Does anyone know if the power switch to the MOB+ is off, and the old kill switch has it's lanyard attached, does the MOB+ allow you to start the motor?"

Yes if wired correctly

Can I bypass using the xFOB to run the engine? (in case of loss or failure)
Yes, on the MOB+ you can override the system in two ways. The xHUB installed in the boat has a button. If you press & hold this button for 10 seconds it will enter Override Mode. In Override Mode you can drive the boat without the need to connect the xFOB. The xHUB will sound a bip every 30 second and blink yellow every 2 seconds to remind you that you are not wirelessly connected. The Override Mode will shut down after 2 hours. After 2 hours you need to press & hold for 10 more seconds to re-enter Override Mode. In the unlikely event that there is a failure to the xHUB you can physically override the unit. The cable leading to the xHUB comes with an emergency plug, this plug can be inserted into the IP68 connector on the cable wires (kill switch wires) leading to the engine(s). This will physically jump the the kill switch wires to bypass the kill switch allowing the engines to start and run.

Back