Motor feels like it's cavitating.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMC never made a 20 inch Oceanrunner/OceanPro 3.0 liter looper. The Vemon and Vindicator freshwater XP/GT series 3.0 liter engines were the brand for the 20 inch engines in that horsepower range above 200hp+.

Only the 2.6 liter 150/175hp and below HP offered the Oceanrunner/OceanPro in 20 shaft. It is certainly a 25inch shaft and the picture backs it up as the lower mount is lower with spacing under it.

From the picture it also looks like you are running a SST prop most likely 15 x17. You have a few things going on if you WOT rpm is 4500.

Please confirm the prop size.

captbone":17ppdj4i said:
OMC never made a 20 inch Oceanrunner/OceanPro 3.0 liter looper. The Vemon and Vindicator freshwater XP/GT series 3.0 liter engines were the brand for the 20 inch engines in that horsepower range above 200hp+.

Only the 2.6 liter 150/175hp and below HP offered the Oceanrunner/OceanPro in 20 shaft. It is certainly a 25inch shaft and the picture backs it up as the lower mount is lower with spacing under it.

From the picture it also looks like you are running a SST prop most likely 15 x17. You have a few things going on if you WOT rpm is 4500.

Please confirm the prop size.

Sorry I just noticed your post. Thank you for your help. I did happen to measure today before reading and it did measure 25" and like you said they only made a 25" not a 20"

I'm gonna run outside right now and look for the prop size. BRB.

It's a 15X15 3 blade steel prop

Tomorrow I will set the motor down so you can see what it's cavitation height is in reference to the keel

Latest posts

Back