motor mount anti-fouling

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pboettger

Reaction score
Getting ready to put a new honda 200 on my 1990 25 cc, knotched transom, which will be kept in brackish water slip. I'm guessing part of the motor mount itself will stay submerged. How/what should I paint it with to keep from fouling? Thanks.

Others like Primercon (expen$ive!!!!!!) as a primer for the special anfti-fouling (AF) paints, but I prefer Pettit 'Tiecoat' Primer #6627, $28/quart. It is rubber-based and serves as a great primer. I'd solvent wash the bracket to be paionted, then sand, then solvent wash, then add tiecoat, then only paint with an aluminum compatible AF paint like Trilux 33 or one of the newer non-cuprous oxide "green" AF paints that doesn't interact with aluminum.

Some I know just clean and wax the area well and pressure-wash it well each season ...

Thanks. The latter suggestion sounds good for the remainder of the season. The other sounds like a project that may have to wait till winter/spring.

Peter

Back