Motor only turns one way

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawgs

Reaction score
I have a seastart steering system. I just replaced a hydraulic hose from front helm to rear helm . filled and purged (i think) now i can only turn the motor to one side then it locks up. I would have to open the bleeder and manually turn the motor to get it back. Then it would do the same all over.

Any ideas?

You've got air in the line which I believe causes a valve in the helm to stick. Add fluid at the helm and bleed air out at the cylinder. It takes two people and requires capturing fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought I bled it good. Hopefully that the problem. I has steady steam of fluid coming from the bleeder. How do I insure all the air is out?

I've seen this before.

Sometimes you have to crack the fitting open at the steering ram at the motor and turn the wheel slightly. Tighten the fitting up again and proceed with normal bleeding.

I had that problem on my old boat if I rember correctly I just kept spinning the helm then it just popped I never had to bleed the lines

Back