Mounting 2 Transducers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Reaction score
Yes I know there are many discussions on the subject. However most that I have read are comparing 2 transducers of the same frequency.

:arrow: Humminbird w/SI offers 2 frequencies 83khz/200khz. Garmin offers 50khz/200khz.
Both transducers will be mounted to the transom approximately 6" apart. The reason for adding 2 transducers, I need Garmin's paddle wheel for water speed.

My question :?: If I set the Garmin to 50khz will it interfere with the HB?

At 6" apart you will probably get interference regardless of frequency difference.
Could you mount one on the other side of the hull?
I've run a HB at 50khz and a Lowrance at 200 k and not had a problem, but they were mounted on opposite sides of the engine.

Mounting one of the transducers on the Port side would not be a problem. However the manufacture recommends- due to the clockwise rotation of the prop creating turbulence- the transducer be mounted on the Starboard side. Relating to turbulence have you had any issues with your Port side transducer?

That setup was on my last boat, the only problem was the port side would lose bottom at WOT. Don't know if it was turbulance or not mounted properly. Since the other side was fine i never woried much about it.

DOnt know if youve already purchased or not but if you get one of the units as a combo or already have a GPS the Ground Speed Tracking on a Gps is far more accurate than the paddle wheel. just a thought.

Spoke with a tech at Garmin and one at Humminbird. As long as the transducers ping at different frequencies, 6" apart should not be a problem.
The Humminbird needs a complete unobstructed view of both sides and bottom. With the bracket, the motor is far enough from the transom as not to obstruct the transducer's view. Humminbird does not recommend the SI transducer be through hull mounted. I’ll mount the Humminbird at the lower position toward the keel. Stay tuned.

I have two shoot through the hull transducers almost side by side on the starboard side and have had no problems. Had to remove a portion of that thin fiberglass shelf to get them in. I think they were 50 and 225 khz.

Ray

Back