Mounting a GPS trolling motor to the bow with a Bow rail

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meapollo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang
I have a 1988 2520 pilot house with a bow rail. I am wanting to install a new trolling motor so I can hang up my anchor when we are bottom fishing. Was on a buddies boat this summer with one and it was awesome. My issue is I have the standard Parker bow rail. No Pulpit. Not sure how to do this without cutting the rail. Really do not want to cut the rail as it is flawless. Saw someone mounted theirs on the gil bracket. Not sure thats a good idea or not. Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated as I would like to get this done soon but need a better mousetrap idea first. I am going with the 36 volt MinnKota. I think it is 86" long.
Thanks in advance.Parker Rail 2.jpgParker Rail.jpgParker Rail 2.jpg

I
I too have a 2520 with a bow rail and was wondering if one of these would work? Haven't really researched it much because I have another project in the works.

https://shuttleslide.com/

I have done a lot of research and everyone keeps saying cut the rail and pit it together with pins when not using the trolling motor. I just can't bring myself to do this. I am exploring the install of it on the bracket, but not much info out there about this. I saw one picture of a Parker with this set up. Just not sure if this would work properly as it seems as if they are built to be Bow mounted. Hopefully someone here has a good idea.

I've installed several Shuttle slides.....They are nice units......But they will Not fix your problem.......You need a Long shaft model.....The TM still has to pivot 90degs.....and thats where it hits the rail.

I have yet to see a install with a bow rail that I'm truely happy with.....It's ALWAYS a compromise.

Back