Mounting hardware for Lee Jr Wishbone Outriggers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2008 parker 28. I've notice no one has added to this forum in a few years. I am going to start mounting the wish bones
in the up coming week. Any new info about the mount.
I have the cabin with the sink and the fridge on the port side, will this effect the placement on the bracket.
It would be helpful if someone could post a few pics of the 28 with the mounts on the inside.
Another thing i was thinking, i read that someone had the bracket behind the seat. Im guessing that was starboard side, does the seat come off the wall.

I don't have a 28, but I put a set of Lee Wishbones on my 2520 a couple of years ago if you would be interested in photos of my install.
Let me know, and I will post them here.

I can pretty much figure it out from the pictures you have posted. I was manly concerned on how I would be able to mount them on the in side of the cabin: if I had the space and if I could put them close enough back so i can adjust the lines easily. My only question to you is, where did you buy that plastic piece that is between the boat and the wishbone on the outside. Also how thick is it?

BASS52":15rr2i16 said:
I can pretty much figure it out from the pictures you have posted. I was manly concerned on how I would be able to mount them on the in side of the cabin: if I had the space and if I could put them close enough back so i can adjust the lines easily. My only question to you is, where did you buy that plastic piece that is between the boat and the wishbone on the outside. Also how thick is it?

I cannot answer about the inside of the cabin, as I don't know what is in the way, but if it is factory cabinetry there has to be a way of removing it as most everything inside is modular. Once you have your wishbones in, the cabinetry can be re-installed.

As you can see in the photos, my wishbones are pretty close to the back of the pilothouse.
That was done mainly to clear the bow railing in the deployed position.
My initial mistake was trying to get the wishbones in place to clear the railing, and trying not to put a bolt through the Parker graphics.
I finally realized (after installing them) that missing the graphics on my boat was impossible, so I removed the graphics afterwards to clean up the look.

My second mistake was that after the first rigger was mounted was trying to measure everything on the stbd side and transfer those measurements to the port side.
These boats are hand built, and the cabins from port to stbd are not mirror images.
Get one side done and adjusted the way you want it, then do the other side with the rigger poles in place.

My poles are 19' long, and a 1/4" being off at the base translates to a lot of inches at the tips 19' out.
In my case, when we discovered the issue, the holes drilled in the port side needed to be repaired before we got it right.
Even with that, they still aren't perfect, but they are pretty darn close.

The plastic spacers that you see there is simply some fabricated starboard squares.
I can measure them next time I am at the boat, but I would guess the larger piece is 3/4" and the smaller one 1/2".
The reason I did that was because without them, the rigger poles tilted out away from the pilothouse top.
I wanted the poles tucked in close to the top to make going forward past them easier.
Some folks complained that wishbones limit travel past them when moving forward and aft.
By moving the base of the wishbones out slightly, the rigger poles came in eliminating any perceived problem.

Finally, in order to make sure there were no issue with the wishbones and the pilothouse fiberglass, 1/8" stainless backing plates were fabricated (and polished) to spread the load inside.

I've attached a few photos to try and explain my setup, but every boat is different.
Your bow rail on the 28 might have more clearance than my 25, but at least you can see that where mine is positioned, everything clears and I can still get to my lines.

If you need any other detail shots, just ask.

Attachments

• 01 wishbones.jpg
    01 wishbones.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 957
  • 02 Wishbones.jpg
    02 Wishbones.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 957
  • 03 wishbones.jpg
    03 wishbones.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 957
  • 04 wishbones.jpg
    04 wishbones.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 957
Found a photo that shows the rigger poles tucked in to the pilothouse top.
The lines in this photo are in my 'travel' position which keeps the lines out of the way when not in use.
When fished, the shock cords are moved to the anchor on the washboard.

Attachments

• 05 wishbones.jpg
    05 wishbones.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 957
Back