Mounting kill bag inside pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike D.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any instructions, or better yet pictures of how you mount kill bags inside the pilot house. I have heard people mounting them stored until needing use on the ceiling over the bed.

I’ve been carrying 2 each 30x60 kill bags when I albacore fish. I keep one all the way forward where my portapoty used to be. I attached a clip to tie it off on.

The other is kept on the deck.

I tie both kill bags down to prevent any unwanted shifting of weight. They get heavy fast, and you don’t want to have a sudden shift of weight.

Many parker owners agree it’s best to try and keep weight forward in the bow part of the boat. Our boats ride bow high.

I would not recommend keeping a heavy kill bag on the walkaround portion of the boat. This could cause your boat to become top Heavy.

My boat Is a 2320.

Not sure what boat you have, that would be helpful. I have a 2520 and keep a large kill bag folded in half alongside the port jump seat. Fits perfectly there, easily accessible

Thanks for your response. I have a 2120. I am just trying to keep it out of the way until I need it. I actually have two, and I like to take the big one along too when fishing offshore. I usually have my ice/cooler on a roof rack on top of the pilothouse. When I need the kill bag I pull it out and transfer ice. I'd like to mount it to the ceiling above the berth, or up on the sides of the berth, until I need them. I just dont want to drill loops to lash it down if I don't have to.

Back