Mr Heater in the cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTPURSUIT

Reaction score
After getting advice from many of you that a Mr Heater Buddy would work great for the cabin in my 2003 2520XL I went and purchased one, I found they are on sale at Bass Pro right now $75.00 knocked down from $99.00

it has two mounting holes in the rear of the unit

stainless steel 10-24 bolts fit perfect, I double nuted so and installed the bolts in the cabin where it would be out of the way

I took a nice ride Sunday morning for about 2 hrs just enjoying the morning. It was 40 degrees out and I was nice and warm with just a sweat shirt on. I kept it on low and it did the job. None of the surrounding surfaces got hot enough to worry about but I think on high it may project too much heat toward the opposing bulkhead. Kept a window cracked to prevent CO build up, but the unit does have a low oxygen shut off. I will however pick up and install a perminent co detector next time I am at west marine. I bought a Parker Pilothouse as I thought it would be the perfect boat for year round use, and it is, very happy with my decision.

Attachments

• IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,662
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,662
  • IMAG0136.jpg
    IMAG0136.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,662
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,662
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,662
Looks good! i got the same heater it does the job great! I like your mounting technique might have to look into that inside my PH

I keep mine down there too and I guess since it rides so low I have never had a problem with it tipping over.

That is a nice way to mount it though and then you have no worries. May have to try it.

>How many hours of operation are you getting from cylinder (estimated run time)?

About 4-5 hours on low setting with a 16oz can. Good enough for a day fishing trip in the winter. But for an overnight trip, I use an oil filled space heater running off the eu2000. It lasts about 10-12 hours before gas fill up, so as the prostate commercial says, I sleep thru the night... No worries about carbon monoxide or a piece of debris/clothing falling onto the mr. heater.

I have the larger model because I use it in my RV as a backup on really cold days.

http://www.mrheater.com/product.aspx?catid=41&id=116

I use one of these to hook to a regular propane tank: http://www.mrheater.com/product.aspx?catid=355&id=53

I use one of these 1 gallon tanks and it seems to last forever. I've never run out but I just top it off when I fill the other tanks I have at the house.

http://www.amazon.com/Worthington-28114 ... opane+tank

If you wanted you could always use the larger tank.

These heaters are great. I just used it this weekend and have never had to use it on high. Low seems to work just fine and I don't use the built in (battery operated) fan.

Steve

Got it and installed it today....Mr Heater [Buddy]

100_4501.jpg

I have one of these too. I have the adapter to run from a 20lb tank that I keep outside the cabin.
You can also fill the little cylinders from a 20lb tank with a refill adapter, but they only refill about half ways, but still cheaper than buying new ones.
I have a 2520 and my heater sits on the floor right in front of the doors to the bunk area. never has fallen over, but I dont go offshore in the winter. on really choppy days the banging will trip the fallover sensor.
Biggest complaint is that it gives off a lot of moisture vapor.

I have used mine for 6 years plus (used in my last boat) and it is great for taking the chill out of the winter air. Only issue is in rough water, the tip over sensor shut off can be a pain.

file.php

Only issue is in rough water, the tip over sensor shut off can be a pain.

Is the unit fastened down?

I'm fixing to take the heater out of the boat. Hell it's 70 something degs in the house right now with the storm door screens open.

Back