Musk rats

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lklandpier

Reaction score
My 2120 hangs in a lift in my boathouse here on the lake where we live. I have a family of Musk rats that live just down the shoreline. They have chewed two transducer wires and now the wire going into my Lenco Actuator. The boat repairs are getting expensive. Fortunately a box of 12 guage shells aren't!

My mechanic extended the wire through the back of the boat and reattached it inside of the Actuator. The unit had water in it and would only operate in one direction once the wire was reattached. I assume that the water dribbled down the hole in the wire over time.

We have a new unit on order. We cut an access hole in the deck under the battery so that the new wire from the new unit can be pulled through the transom easily. Thanks to Classicparker.com for all of the great info on this site when needing to complete repairs such as this. I came here first as a source of info for my mechanic!

Keep up the good work.

Now if you can just direct me to a good source for assualt rifles I will address my muskrat problem :D

Attachments

• IMG00007-20111127-1245 (Small).jpg
    IMG00007-20111127-1245 (Small).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 666
Bryan 2530 had the same thing happen expect they ate his transducer wire to depth sounder, little bastards

Yep, mutha fuckas cost me a transducer. Interesting to see what the wires look like this year when she comes out.

lklandpier":33als5zm said:
Now if you can just direct me to a good source for assualt rifles I will address my muskrat problem :D

Let me look in my safe...
Yep. I can help you there. :)

Shotguns are good, but a precision rifle can be better. 8)

Its almost trapping season, get some conibears and trap em they are very good to eat when the right person fixes them.

No bait, just buy a couple of Conibear muskrat traps, I think they are still number 110, find the hole that leads to their burrow, walk along the bank at low tide and you will find a softball size hole that is where you set you trap. You will also need a small sapling to anchor your trap on the ring at the end of the chain made on the trap. It is really very simple Now go catch one and they tell me you got him and I will explain how to clean and cookem.

I trapped them as a kid, back when you could make a little pocket-change for the pelts. I always used Conibears and canned sardines in oil. Just check your traps regularly to avoid a "stinkbomb"!

Back