My first parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRS

Reaction score
Hello to all, I have been boating for many years and have never owned a parker. Well that all changed on Thursday November 7th 2013. Lol. I just purchased parker 2520 xl, I just took it out for a spin Saturday for a couple hrs to see how she is going to handle. I will say this, she feels like a tank on the water, very solid feel to her. I am looking forward to talking with all of you about what you have done to your boats and maybe get some ideas. I am new to this site so I will see if I can figure out how to post some pics. I am in the Dover De area so if you are local and fish the area give me a shout and maybe we could run out together.

I don't know what to do, just keeps saying file is to big. I must be doing something wrong.

You need to resize your photo. I have a MAC and opened photo up and went to tools, then resize. Not sure where to reduce file size on PC.

Hope you can get some PICS up and welcome. I am a new member myself.

Testing, is it going to work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 480
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 480
Just hoping I can keep it looking as good as the previous owner, thanks a million mr blizzard.

Nice 2520 BigRS. She looks brand new! I had a LOL at your statement that she feels like a tank on the water because that was how I felt on my first throtle up as well. That was only last month. I'm new too. There are good heavy boats. Good luck with it.

Thanks Shawnee, I have had it out 3 times now. Every trip I like it better and better. Good luck with your boat also. Did you put some pics up?

Yes I did Big. They are on my first post on 11-29. Title says something like 2120 SC New Parker Owner. I'm hoping to head to Beaufort this weekend and take mine out for the 4th time. I'm defiantly still getting familiar with it. I know I'm going to appreciate the PH this weekend with the cold front that is passing.

Attachments

• Baot 2.JPG
    Baot 2.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 391
  • Boat Dock.JPG
    Boat Dock.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 391
That is an awesome looking boat, let me know how you like that remote light mounted up top like that. I want to get one also but I was thinking of mounting it at the end of the pulpit. Was wondering how much boat glare you might get from it being up there.

Thanks... and will do on the light. I've not had it out at night yet but have the same curiosity about that glare too. I had a boat with it mounted out on the pulpit and I think that is probably the best spot for them. I do hope that it's not too bad though as I don't want to move it. It was already there when I purchased the boat. I'll likely have a chance to try it this weekend and I'll let you know.

BigRS- nice looking Pilothouse!
What are your plans with her?: fishing, cruising, picnic boat.
I love the bracket and all the room the enclosed cockpit affords. YOu have a real nice vessel there. I bet you are one proud daddy! Merry Christmas to you, it looks like Santa came in November in Delaware this year.

I plan on doing a lot of fishing and cruising and I have always wanted to load the wife up and skip across the pond and go to cape may for some food then come back, honestly I just want to do everything. I am loving this boat very much.

Back