My Lifetime Fish...Marcy the Marlin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenTerrible

Reaction score
Still trying to absorb this...

She was magnificent. Official weight is 674.2 lbs, 13 feet, 11 inches long. Caught in US waters Sunday, October 11, 2015.

The Agitator brought in the biggest fish San Diego has ever seen...the biggest fish to ever hit the scale at the San Diego Marlin Club.

Taking a fish like this is an incredible accomplishment for us, and comes with big responsibility. It was a very long drive home, as you can imagine there was just no way to get this fish in the boat...we had to tie her up and make the 4 hour journey back home. The fish was taken to Fisherman's Processing right away.

This wasn't easy. There is a science to catching Marlin...and now I can say that with confidence after catching one myself. This is the first Marlin for the crew working my boat, and my first Marlin as well. Words cannot describe how awesome these creatures are. This fish is the definition of power. A true biologically engineered predator of the ocean.

With that being said, enjoy the photos. I have also included a link to a very brief write up in Western Outdoor News.

-BT...now an official Marlin Fisherman!

https://www.wonews.com/t-PrivateBoaters ... 01415.aspx

Attachments

• Marcy Marlin 1.jpg
    Marcy Marlin 1.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 292
Wow! Congratulations on the awesome fish.

Lifetime achievement award goes to….!! Nicely done. I bet you still lay in bed at night thinking about that fish and the epic conflict that ensued between man and beast. One word: Awesome!

Don't know how I've missed this until now... but congratulations. It's funny that she has become Marcy Marlin. My grandkids named the fish in this picture Rosie Rockfish... We name everything. That's my old boat, named Scout. The current boat, a Parker 1801, is Traveler. (Those of you in the South should know why!)

Attachments

• Striper 74 lb 4-30-13 LO RES.jpg
    Striper 74 lb 4-30-13 LO RES.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 150
Back