My New 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1801Steve

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you may have seen on another thread I decided to order a new 1801. One of the reasons is the local dealer - Dare Marina. Mike Hanna and his crew are first rate. I am a marine surveyor and have known Mike 15 years. His reputation and the Parker reputation made the decision easy.

My 1801 has been started. The promised delivery was late May or early June. Because I'm a surveyor I wanted to see the hull and stringers before the deck went on. But the plant won't accommodate a visit... I'm disappointed to say the least. I started asking this Monday as soon as I found out it had been started and was eventually told the soonest I could come was April 27. I don't want to hold up my boat but I really wanted to see the stringer installation. Oh well....

I'll let you know what I find when I go the 27th.

That exciting to place a new boat order. I ordered a 2510 from mike and I agree that so for they have been great to work with. He has been very helpful with suggestions and recommendations through the process. I will say that it would be nice if parker would lighten up on some of the rules at the factory. They just don't want to accommodate those of us that want to customize the boat. It's almost like they just don't want to slow down the assembly line. Very Henry ford. You can have any color you want as long as it's black.

Interesting that they are stalling your visit. When I did a tour it was not that hard to set up. It does sound like they don't want someone to see their actual boat being built. Trust me, the pace at the plant is not that wide open.

I'm a little late following up... but I got down to the plant to see my boat on April 27. The cockpit had been completed so I didn't get to inspect the stringer system. I did get to see the crew rigging the center console on another 1801. That was interesting.

Dare Marina got my boat from Parker on May 12, well ahead of the promised delivery date. I looked at the boat the next day but couldn't close until May 20 (my delay, not the dealer's). I'm taking off part of the day tomorrow to put a few more hours on the engine... I love the boat. The custom seats were worth the extra money. And of course Dare Marina did a great job with the outfitting and prep.

Still haven't put a single fishing rod on the boat but we're about ready.

Attachments

• IMGP2395 copy.JPG
    IMGP2395 copy.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 482
  • IMGP2399 copy.JPG
    IMGP2399 copy.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_1716 copy.jpg
    IMG_1716 copy.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 482
Nice looking 1801 Steve. I've seen a few of that blue around this summer and it looks really nice. It looks like the little man approves. Hope your are having a great 1st season.

shawnee83":c9emmq4l said:
Nice looking 1801 Steve. I've seen a few of that blue around this summer and it looks really nice. It looks like the little man approves. Hope your are having a great 1st season.

Great looking boat! Sharp! Can you tell me what the cost of a new 18' boat would be?

piglet":4w2wpm2f said:
Great looking boat! Sharp! Can you tell me what the cost of a new 18' boat would be?

It's not a simple answer as dealers determine pricing. It varies by region. Your signature doesn't tell us where you are. And I probably got a special deal because I am a marine surveyor and have a long standing relationship with my dealer.

Having said all that, with a typical option package and a trailer, you're looking at mid 30's. Closer than that you need to call a dealer.

If you think you want to order one, take a close look at my seats. That was a special order. So far they are working out great. These are the seats from the 21 and 23.

Back