My new Parker boat dog.......or yours.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful animal, sure looks like a water dog! Did you train your last one to "go" on the boat? our dog will not, we've been trying the carpet thing. Ever go for scallops? just returned from there and posted report on FS/Big Bend area. Good luck with the pooch.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0102.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0102.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 823
jimjybe":3fr8lk9f said:
Beautiful animal, sure looks like a water dog! Did you train your last one to "go" on the boat? our dog will not, we've been trying the carpet thing. Ever go for scallops? just returned from there and posted report on FS/Big Bend area. Good luck with the pooch.

Thanks.

We took our previous lab on the boat frequently. She would follow me anywhere.

Being a black dog, the obvious issues are providing shade and of course cleaning black hair off a light colored boat. I am going to give it another week and then introduce her to the boat. The nice fall wx will be here soon enough to get her out more as she matures.

She is sooo cute, lucky dog to score a Parker for a boat. Congratulations' on the new family member!

Nice puppy!
Merlin will swim ashore and back on his own to go potty.
IMAG1409.jpg

We're heading to Lake Powell for a week...he'll need to learn to go on deck on his astroturf or he's gonna explode.

AWESOME! Love them Labs! I highly recommend a book by the late Bill Tarrant- Hey Pup Fetch It Up. Corny name but perfect book for raising water dogs. I have loaned my copy to numerous friends and they have all been happy w/ the results. My "Cody of Backbay" was doing blind retrieves very early and actually pissed on command which makes it nice prior to riding in the boat. All positive reinforcement (NO brutality) training made my dog into the best I have ever encountered. She has since passed on and is fetching birds for someone in Heaven now but once my kids are out of college (too much time at the ballfields to give a dog attention these days), another lab will be riding in my Parker.

jeffnick":j7dd3yic said:
She's got 'Pet me!' written all over her.

It seems she does.........I have not fished with the Otherline in weeks and text him I have a new pup and he is over within the hour. lol

.............I hope this cheers him up as he lost one of his dogs this past week.

Attachments

• IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 584
22# already and growing like a weed. No hesitation to jump in or stick her face under to retrieve.

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 505
jimjybe":237fhcv2 said:
And as my wife said . . . another pup hit's the doggie lottery!

Hah......my house is more like military boot camp for a pup. Now go over to the Otherline's house.........now there is the "life of Riley" for a dog over there.

He may not be a water dog, but enjoys going out on the boat every chance he can

Attachments

• roccofishing.jpg
    roccofishing.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 390
Shot of him after first haircut. It doesn't do him justice though because he is jet black and silver.

Attachments

• firsthaircut.jpg
    firsthaircut.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 375
Well it looks like this has turned into a cute boat dog thread so here is may second mate in her chair and second picture is her with her big brother bunked down on a rough ride.
OBTW. They are both rescue dogs from http://angelsamongusanimalrescue.org/ We could never have expected better dogs, we adopted them without ever meeting them.

Attachments

• rose.jpg
    rose.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 409
  • in their bunk.jpg
    in their bunk.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 409
Yes, post up your Parker boat dogs here.

When I see Robin at the boat show I'll give her some pics and ask her if she will include a few on their website. You might want to have the Parker logo somewhere in the pic.

Back