My Portable Live Well & Bait Board for a 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyk9

Reaction score
Don't always have the use for a live well, only really need to keep bunker alive when bass fishing and fish alive when I do some commercial rod and reeling.

Decided I did not want to cur holes in the deck or plumb anything below, also wanted something I can put central on the deck to act as a bait board as well.

Found a Moeller 40 gallon well, molded in knife holders and cup holders. Had some old milk crates laying around which I used for the base, added a sheet of hdpe board to the top. Well came with mounting brackets which have been bolted to the base.

Plan is to keep this on an anti-fatigue mat on deck, came out very sturdy but if I find it is tippy I could always anchor to the deck. Have the inlet at the bottom and outlet at the top, water has great circular motion when tested.

Total cost with the well, hdpe board, plumbing hardware, ect.... $200

Attachments

• IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0508.JPG
    IMG_0508.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 418
So where are you putting it on the deck? How will you keep from tripping over the hoses?

With it raised....Is that outlet high enough to drain over the side of the boat?

All these questions are why I choose this 30gal drum. Less floor space..... Tall enough so that the drain goes over the washboard.

100_4954_zpsc36dcb49.jpg

Have the same drum setup that I used on a smaller boat, I wanted something with a lower center of gravity.

Outlet is plenty high to drain over the side if I choose to, most likely will drain from a hose back to one of the scuppers.

May right angle the inlet down so I can bring the inlet hose through the base, not worried about tripping over the hoses since mainly used at anchor. Plan is to keep it central on the deck and there would be good clearance to walk around. I can also keep it on the starboard or port side behind the cabin bulkhead. Need to get it on the boat and tinker around with some locations.

Back