Nav Lights location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonkmlca

Reaction score
I was wondering if its possible to move my navigation lights from my bow and place them on the corners of my pilot house. I have a 2120 and do a lot of driving in the dark. I think my visibility would be much better without the glare of the lights. If so has anyone done this successfully?
Thanks.
Jon

This was done on the 2520 SC tow boat that belongs to the towing/recovery company I sometimes work for. I don't like that placement as I get glare off the cabin foredeck and side windows. :cry:

I have a bi-color led nav light on my radar mast and it works great with very little glare on deck. No need to replace the old light, just run a new circuit on top with low gauge wire for the leds. The leds are very directional and the lens on the nav light are usualy aimed at specific angles so getting glare on deck is less of a problem. They are very bright--"laser" bright in fact..

I moved my bow lights from my pulpit to my hardtop, also changed over to led's. HUGE difference at night no glare at all, and boat is much more visible as well with the lights mounted up higher. I have to put my hand out the windows to make sure they are on, otherwise when you are in the cabin you cant tell. If u operate alot at night i would definately do it. Just make sure to mount them inboard of the overhang enough so the wires go right into the cabin.

Back