Need a Bigger Boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerjon

Reaction score
Went out fishing, ended up whale watching in cape cod bay. These were taken off of Province Town which you can see the tower in the background ( I think in one of the pics). Anyone know where the cod are let me know.

Attachments

• no1 (Small).jpg
    no1 (Small).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 557
  • 100_1892 (Small).jpg
    100_1892 (Small).jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 557
  • 100_1890 (Small).jpg
    100_1890 (Small).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 557
  • 100_1887 (Small).jpg
    100_1887 (Small).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 557
Nice photos! :mrgreen:

We can’t get that close to Whales here in KaLiFoRnIa as the DFG would issue a citation for ‘harassment’.

We now have a resident pod of about ehhhh 10 or so Killer Whales living in Monterey bay. You can watch them at a distance but if you get or they swim too close. Citation time.

Moss Landing (where I tend to launch from) has a BUNCH of Sea Otters. Admittedly they are MOST amusing critters to watch, but again . . . from a DISTANCE. DFG will me more than happy to cite your happy personage for ‘harassment’ if you are watching them from your boat ‘too’ close.

Seals are ‘protected’ in SF Bay and along the coast. They have destroyed more property (boats, wharfs, piers) than Carter has pills . . . but if you ‘harasses’ them . . . citation time.

The seals even followed the fleet when there WAS a Salmon season here in KaLiFoRnIa, they would hang out under your boat and take 2 out of 3 Salmon hooked as you reeled them up. This would (of course) rip all your gear away and you would have to completely re-rig. Not so bad if you are mooching . . . dang pricey if you are trolling as all your flashers, E-chips, RSK’s and what ever . . . gone. No touch! Citation time.

Sigh . . . KaLiFoRnIa is fun. :evil: :roll: :evil:

Kevin G.

ParkerJon, here is the latest post from THT on cod, haddock, http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/thre ... 5&posts=10

I just looked for my whale photos from my last Stellwagon trip last year and remembered it was too bumpy to take photos. The shipping lane was adjusted last year based on where right whales were hanging around more. Nice pics.

Kevin, we have to stay away from whales in MA, as everyone since federally protected. Zoom cameras can make it look like you were beside them.

I won't be in for another two weekends then I'll try a May cod trip.

Dana

Thanks for the link dc, I was planning on fishing the SW corner of Stellwagen but ran into the Right Whales. As Kevin noted there are plenty of regulations about the proximaty of these animals (particularly these being endangered). When I saw the first couple I cut my engines and drifted. Before I knew it, they were all over the place. I just drifted and watched and the wife took pictures (with a zoom lens). The only other company I had was a small Cessna plane circling around us and the pod. We took about 20 pictures in all.

Attachments

• 100_1963 (Small).jpg
    100_1963 (Small).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 515

Latest posts

Back