Need help and tips installing T-Top on 18 Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captkev

Reaction score
I have a 18 Parker and I just bought a new t-top and I am looking for help and tips to install the t-top. Do I need to put in backing plates and how do I get under the deck to do so if needed? Any help & tips will be gratefully appreciated.

If this happens to be a Stryker ttop there are great install videos on YouTube. I believe the key is to have strong side mounts to the console. Anyway, they don't suggest a plate underneath but obviously if it's easy to get to, that would strengthen it. Couple years ago I put one on a 19' kencraft and didn't install back plates and it's still very stabile. I can easily swing from it with no movement. Hope this helps some .

Pics please I would like to see what you have also where you got it from. I just got an 18 and would like to get a t top as well. I am not much of a fan of the Bimini

I bought a Fish Master T-Top. They sell for a great price, it is ajustable so it can be custom fit, it comes with 4 rod holders, drink holders and everything you need to install it. My brother saw what I bought and he ordered one that same day.
He installed his the day it was delivered in just a few hours. I plan to install mine some time this week, when I do I will post pictures.
I did watch the YouTube video that Stryker has and it was helpful.

As mentioned in previous post, I have a stryker not a Fishmaster but the process should be the same. I think you made a pretty good choice and most people do complement fishmaster's customer support, probably a lot better than stryker. Anyway, you shouldn't need backplates but I do think the CC mounting brackets are a good option. Good luck

Back