Need help - F225 Yamaha Service Manual Water Pump Replacemen

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDGEWATER

Reaction score
Just ordered a Service Manual for an F225 Yamaha. It won't be here for a while so I need some information.

I want to replace my Water Pump. Anybody able to scan an send me the few pages out of their manual for this procedure?

Also - need fastener torque specs.

Thanks

Thanks OPTIMAXFISH.

Check out this post - looks pretty complete.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/thre ... 63&start=1

If it's good enough, skip the scan - thank you any way.

Do appreciate the bolt torque info. Might be able to get a crows foot attachment on the end of the Torque wrench to access these bolts. I have a couple of Torque Wrenches -- maybe I'll get lucky.

Will let you know.

Chip

Thanks for the repsonses. Project complete.

Glad I got to it. The plastic water pump housing was partially melted. :shock:

Guess the previous owner (or shop) ran it on the hose flush.

Fixed now!

For what it's worth my plastic housing was partially melted also - and I don't remember ever having the motor running out of the water!

Hmmmm ...

Well it might make sense to do it every year. Pretty easy job. And while the lower unit is off, easy to change the Gear Oil and lube the Driveshaft splines.

I have a shaft drive Yamaha motorcycle (FJR1300) and Yamaha did not lube the splines from the factory. I pulled it apart and lubed them when changing the rear tire - mine were OK. I have seen others that were'nt so lucky. Dry splines degrade really quickly.

So when your doing this job - make sure you apply plenty of gease to all splined shafts before assembly.

Back