Need help from the Maryland boys!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdog

Reaction score
Long story short, I had to re-title and register my boat in Maryland because that's where my marina is. Anyway, I finally have my registration coming in the mail and I need to get a Maryland Bay fishing sticker. I don't want to wait the 4 or 6 weeks it takes to get it in the mail. Where can I go to get it in person?

Most Tackle shops carry it, even West Marine (I think). It's $40 for the year ... In Annapolis I could point you to a few places. Try calling a few tackle shops nearby to where you dock your boat, I bet they have them.

Regards,

Rich

If you ever come through Lexington Park (south of Solomons) there's a place called the "Tackle Box" that sells licenses.

And yes, West Marine sell them too. There's one just over the bridge in Solomons.

Thank goodness we don't have to go through that here in NY! But I imagine it's only a matter of time. $40 to catch fish almost seems insane. What by the way do you get for that $40.00 ?

It is a boat license...allows anyone you bring onto the boat avoid having to purchase a separate license for themselves. Best deal in town if you have a revolving door of fishing buddies throughout the year.

Dave

Wow, $40 for the whole boat of people fishing? That is great. I wish we had that here in California. Here we pay about $50 per person for this stamp, that stamp...

OT

Even better, the MD boat license not only covers anyone on the boat, it's also the owner's personal license if you are shore or pier fishing.
MD and VA have similar programs and honor each others licenses so that opens up the entire Chesapeake and it's tributaries....I'll pay the 40.00.
BTW- The licence fees go directly to MD's Waterway Improvement Fund, which is a restricted fund dedicated to improving and maintaining the state's waterways and facilities.

In NC, every single person from 18 or so to 72 or so has to buy a seperate salt water fishing licence...just to throw a cast net, or fish off his own dock. If your wife's out w/you and there's rods in the boat-she, and you better have SWL.

:evil:

Back