Need prop for a Yam 200 HPDI on a 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstelmac

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope your summer was awesome and fall fishing will be great. I have a 2120 with a 2002 200 HP yamaha HPDI that needs a new prop. I don't have the boat rigged with anything special and normally fish light with 2 people and normal to minimal gear.

After reading the iBoat tutorial and scanning the classic parker forums it seems as though I need a stainless steel 3 blade prop of the same pitch my current prop has. Am I wrong here? Should I maintain the pitch rate that my old propeller has.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm confused as to whether a different pitch will be a benefit and what manufacturer I should go with.

Thank You!
-Matt

Why do u think u need a new prop? Do u lack midrange holeshot? What rpm are u turning at wide open?

BradV,

Thanks for the reply. By need I simply meant that the prop on the motor is old and dingy. A new shiny prop would be nicer on the eyes. The boat responds properly in all ways or at least to me it does. I would rather stay away from performance mods unless they were a sure bet. For this reason I will probably stay with the factory specs.

Thanks,
Matt

Back