New 2120, Second Helm, Pics and Thanks to You All

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newt

Reaction score
So I took possession of my 2120 on Wednesday this week, my first vacation in three years. Anyway, I now know what you guys know: Parker makes a fantastic small boat.

I really spent a lot of time thinking over Parker, Steiger, and Maritime Skiff. In the end though, some of the things that Steiger owners complain about with regards to parkers are the things I like the most. I really like the open berth. It's nice easy access to storage and easy to move around in, it's lower profile, and it just makes the boat feel a little roomier. I like the step down for it's profile. I'm surprised at how solid the helm console is, as with the post, it just doesn't seem that solid in pictures. I also like the carpet liner. The bench is also a win in my book. It's a great place to sit with your back against the aft bulkhead facing forward. I like it better than having another chair on the port side.

I've had the boat out on inner Mallett's Bay, the outer bay, out on the Big Lake, Shelburne Bay and around the Burlington area. The boat handles beautifully for such a small boat. It's deadrise and entry seem great for a lake like Champlain which at around 125 miles long by 10 wide, it gets some weird seas and chop. It was certainly far more comfortable in that than my previous boats, both Boston Whalers.

The cockpit is certainly big enough for me, and I'm not really disappointed that I didn't spring for the 23 with the Armstrong. Sure it's nice, but this works well for me, and I wanted fuel efficient.

I'm HUGELY glad I took this board's advice and got the extra helm. It just rocks to have for being outside, and for mooring/docking maneuvers. It took me a few minutes to get used to the teleflex with throttle and gear separated (I did accidentally hard reverse docking once, but it just backed me away to start over) :shock: Docking with just leaving the throttle at low RPM's and using the gear is awesome. I don't think I can go back now.

I was also surprised that the house seemed consistently cooler than the cockpit with the bimini up.

On the outer bay, with no wind or current and flat water, I was surprised to see 37.5MPH on GPS with about 85 gallons of gas and just myself (170lbs). I figured about 33-34 would be tops. So I'm quite happy with the 150. That one I really sweated, because I thought I wanted a 200, but I had too good a deal on a 2012 leftover.

The only cons that I've thought of after a few days on the water:
- These boats need handrails on the bulkhead ceiling.
- The latch on my door seems to kinda suck. I haven't really looked closely, but I've had it pop open twice while underway. I just locked it at the time, but I need to sort that.
- The really should make the fiberglass splashguard removable. That thing takes up some space, and it seems to really trap crap under it everywhere except at the ends where the drains are. I've backed down a few times just to see what happens and water never got past the small part of the splashwell.

So thanks all for the advice. This boat just rocks.

Moored in Mallett's bay by Champlain Marina

942331_10151737144178115_1548862316_n.jpg

1002708_10151737144063115_1589807117_n.jpg

Aft bulkhead before:
942318_10151737144158115_303384448_n.jpg

Aft Bulkhead after
1016590_10151737144058115_1426447175_n.jpg

1014332_10151737144068115_2044248240_n.jpg

480120_10151737144153115_26435084_n.jpg

Congrats on your new 2120. You will love this boat. The 150 is a great engine,going into my 7th season without any issues. During the summer I will run 60 miles tuna fishing. I fish all day an my burn is only 60 gallons or so. Just play with your trim tabs and engine tilt,throttle for your sweet spot.

Funny how Parker never offered one of those helms other than the width for the 2520s till I ordered one, cut it narrower, glassed it back together & re gelcoated and mounted it on my 2320 when I had it :p

Great looking boat!
I love the second helm station, that is something I am considering this off season.

Good Luck With Your New Ride,

I removed the splash guard it is a pain in the a-- I just put the screws back into the deck with trim washers on & sealed them. It is the only way to go.

Best of Luck !

" Bean "

I see you store your bimini in front of the launchers. Looking at buying a 2120. Want the bimini for sure and was wondering where to store it when rolled up. How is that working for you? Also what model is the Garmin? Love the clean look at your helm. Does the second helm interfere? Thanks. Nice boat!

I like the look off the Bimini !
Hey it would be great if you could take a pic of it deployed
I'm thinking of one maybe in my future
Had a few spots removed the last couple of years on my face
Have to start thinking more of the sun :(
That's the first 2120 I have seen with a Bimini looks good!

Back