new 2320 equipped with 200?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gut is no, but guys on this site are a lot more savvy than me. I have a 2320 Pilothouse. It is powered with a 300 yam..
I think what you have will be fine, but wait until you hear from Dale and megabyte and a few others.
RumRunner

have not made the purchase yet, but am considering it. The 200 HP has me concerned though so I figured I would put it out there to see if others thought it was enough or just a bit undergunned...

Thanks

Did you look at this page?

http://parkerboats.info/2320-sl-sport-cabin-new/

Check the notes.....I had figured the boat would be tested in a light load, but It was FULL of Fuel.

The 200 is entry level...Yet that may be fine for you. I note the RPM..vs. speed. The larger 250 is going to be quieter, as you will run it at less RPM, but as you see the MPG on the 200 is better.

But here is what is NOT in there.

Comments
Weight as Tested 6,358 lbs
Full Fuel, two batteries, safety and test equipment
Fuel consumption data gathered with Yamaha Command Link fuel management system
Speed gathered with GPS
Notice to Consumer:
The information provided in this bulletin is offered only as a guideline. Conditions such as sea State, wind speed, load, bottom pain and operator will affect the
performance data provided in this bulletin. This data should not be relied upon as actual performance.

What's it really gonna run like when you load it down? How many people were on the boat when tested? You know it didn't have all the suff we normally carry. It's my contention that...... When it comes time for resale.....The one with a 250 will be sought after before the one with a 200.

And I'll bet there will be more on the market with 200's....It's just the nature of things. People want to spend less....but at what sacrifice?

Once loaded down with gear,fuel, and people my opinion is it would be under powered.What is the overall price difference between the 200 and 250, depending on that it might make the decision easier between the two.

I have this set-up here in the Delaware Bay. Some offshore short miles Atlantic Ocean and I have had no problems with the 200 hp Yamaha. About 38 max and I spend about 90% of my time around 25 Mph or slower do to chop. If you are a Gopro Hero sail her trough the air kind of guy it won't do what you want. Ha Ha 8) I myself just fish.

I first tested a 2320 with 200 I feel that my 225 is much better all around. I have ran 15mi against a 200 I don't know his rpm/speed but I know a 39-4100 I was at least a 1-2mi lead on him. I have a 2011 2320 the 250hp would have been my choice 225hp min.

I have a 2013 2320 with the Yamaha F225. Loaded for a day trip (4 adults, +1/2 tank, 30 gal bait tank, ice in the transom box and misc gear) will cruise at 28mph at 4100 at 2.9gph. It will top out around 45 at 5700 - not that I've had it up there more than a couple times. I looked into getting the 250, but after a test ride decided to stick with the 225 which is what the dealer provides on spec boats. I run inshore and offshore around Cape Lookout and I've been very happy with the 225 and glad I spent the money saved on upgrading the electronics.

Skorcher":3dufgs6s said:
2014 Deep Vee boat, my fear is it is underpowered. What are your thoughts and experience?
I have a 2320 -2005 deep V with a HPDI 200 yamaha. I have no problem but you need a good S.S. 3 blade prop. I have the Yamaha ser 11 salt water prop.
If i was to repower- it would be the 250 -4 stroke.

Did I miss what make and type of OB: Yama 4 stroke or Evenrude E-tec 2 stroke ?
4stroke is my preferred after years of 2 stroke, as the price of injector oil kills it any more, and marketing hype is BS, except:
An E-Tec H.O. 200 is not even close to a 4 stroke 200 as it has high output.

IMO: 225 4-stroke for the Parker 23" hull ( CC or PH) is about idea balance of all considerations.

I hate this price point stuff dealers do with low HP OB to get the price lower.
It's like a roofer told me once " I can put on 15 year shingles at this nice low
price or 25 year shingles at this price" "It's your call"

"just keep in mind everything you own is underneath the shingles"

repeater":2jul7yo2 said:
I have a 23S.E. ORDERED WITH A F200 ON HER. Wondered how it will compare with the 2320?

DeepVee vs. non-DV is big difference. You should be pretty decent with a SE and 200HP's. You can see many larger size Parkers, non-DV, with lower HP for that size boat and they do just fine.

Latest posts

Back