New 2530 or a used 2830......need your poll

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

Reaction score
A new 2530 a few factory options I only requested a pair of Yami's 225 & a 10K alum. trailer or a 2003 2830

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2003/Pa ... ted-States

Lotsa decisions 2 weigh out need the Parker experts opinions
Pls. bear in mind that the new set up is about low 20's in difference in price
Always nice 2 de-verginize a unit your self that way she's broken in properly, but 20 grand diff............. :shock: :? :shock:
Please give me your thoughts
Thanx

Bryan 2530":nf6d9lar said:
That 2830 looks real nice!!!

I like the interior layout.

I would go 2830~~~ 8)

Yup I'm dead straight on the 2830, just wat a fam of 5 can really enjoy on a weekend venture @ the gulf Isl. but still reek havoc on the fish wen I'm out with the BOYZ offshore
The only down fall is bringing the Bald Pelican a continent away fr. NC to the west coast.............guess it's just part & parcel

No to mention a stand-up head.

Canuck - How about a trip through the canal???

I'll volunteer, maybe we can get Parker to sponsor. :D

Used 2830 ... provided you can afford to fuel her ...

Forgive me for being retarded, but you are making it sound like the 28' will cost you less, is that right?

If so, 28', no question about it. The cost of fuel on the 28 vs. a 25 with twins will not be enough to give a second thought to.

what do you want to do with your boat i guess is a good start. Not that i want to talk you out of a parker but it sounds like you can afford to get what you want. If i went much bigger than 25 i would look for a different style of boat. granted the 28 is a nice boat and the 2830 is great but based on the ride of the 25 in proportion of the helm to the overall length i would imagine going bigger would make it worse. Anyways back to my first comment. do you want to fish/overnight/cruise? if all 3 whats most important

If you're fishing it needs better electronincs (5k) more rod holders, out riggers, downriggers fish boxes ect.(2k) The flat screen and stand up head won't do you any good.

If you want cruising beating it up in a head sea to find out how the ride is.

From experience most cabin forward boats ride hard and this may not be the ride you want.

Do you have enough crew to run it? It's not the kind of boat you take out yourself.

25 vs 28 , who doesn't want a bigger boat? But , if you can't take it out yourself what good is it but to hang at the dock and sit on it.

No question in my mind... 2830.

First thing I'd do tho is to add a rear station.

BradV":htf3tszt said:
what do you want to do with your boat i guess is a good start. Not that i want to talk you out of a parker but it sounds like you can afford to get what you want. If i went much bigger than 25 i would look for a different style of boat. granted the 28 is a nice boat and the 2830 is great but based on the ride of the 25 in proportion of the helm to the overall length i would imagine going bigger would make it worse. Anyways back to my first comment. do you want to fish/overnight/cruise? if all 3 whats most important

On my fishing ventures @ the west coast of Vancouver Isl I leave my boat @ a buddy's property for 2 months when the fishing is hot & hit every weekend till the catching dies but always bring my camper for sleeping arraignments. with a 2830 or 2530 I can eliminate the camper
The road travel is 5hrs & 2hrs on the ferry each way
In this manner I can save on fuel on the truck less the camper & travel faster & cheaper on the ferry cost
So basically my importance is all 3 in what you asked #1 fishing #2 overnighting due to the weekend trips #3 cruising .......only 2 the fishing grounds
My needs seem 2 fit a Parker there is no FRIKEN way I'd settle for a production boat
C

Do you have enough crew to run it? It's not the kind of boat you take out yourself.

Sure you can, that boat is not much different than mine and I always take it out alone without a second thought.
We also have a 40 Ocean that is easily taken out alone, that is based on the operator, not the boat.

Brad has a good point though at 28 feet, you start getting into a different class of boat. The 2830 is NICE though.

I would look hard at some other manufacturers 30 express or walkaround models. The ride will be better. Not sure how far you go. But also has a better berth im sure enclosed head few more creature comforts. Not saying 28 Parker isnt nice but it doesnt compare to a 30 foot express.

BradV":14xyinzk said:
I would look hard at some other manufacturers 30 express or walkaround models. The ride will be better. Not sure how far you go. But also has a better berth im sure enclosed head few more creature comforts. Not saying 28 Parker isnt nice but it doesnt compare to a 30 foot express.

My needs will not suit a express I prefer a sealed pilothouse
I want 2 get away from a Grady style curtain surrounded helm
I @ times fish in the winter when ya chip the rod guides from ice
If you know of any other type of pilothouse that's well built, 9'6" beam or bigger & sea worthy let me know .........ps not into command or fly bridges

My Bro modded this unit, removed the I/O & put bracket drives with twin 250 4stroke Suzuk's & it suits my needs just fine except that its an mid 80's hull, too old 4 me

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1987/Ba ... ted-States

IMO, that might be the perfect Parker.

It has everything I wish my Parker did.

1. Large Cabin.
2. Large Cockpit.
3. Stand up Head.

Whats wrong with the 34 Parker? Osprey has some nice pilothouses. And if you are going out in the cold stuff what about an aluminum boat? Isnt that what the guys in Alaska run?

2830 would be my choice. Having a unique vessel (1 of 9) is cool as well.

Also to consider with regard to ride quality is beam vs length. If the beam of the 25 is the same as the 28 then ride quality will be better on the 28 even if the helm is more forward relatively speaking. Just my theory not based on any time in either model.

Oh MAN!

That 2830 is SWEET! :mrgreen:

I love my 2530 . . . but . . . WOW :shock:

Great price as well!

Kevin G.

Wow nice boat.
Canuk, I have a 2530 and am located in washington state. I pretty much only use mine on the ocean and can tell you that the ride isnt as bad as some make it out to be compared to the other pilothouse boats out this way (seasport,osprey,ect.) you will probably really enjoy either model but that 2830 looks like the way to go. I am sure you would have more than 79 grand in a new 2530 wtwin 150s and a trailer even with no electronics.
Any idea what is under the hatch in the deck? Just wondering if it might be the infloor fishbox I wish I had! Good luck

Latest posts

Back