New Bench Seat/Custom Base/With Pictures

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdog

Reaction score
I finally got the bench seat mounted in place of the jump seat. Made the base from birch plywood stained it and sealed it with four coats of spar urethane. Added a couple of slam hatches and there you go! I was going for the "old sea chest" with the finish. I also finally got jeffnick's check mailed for the seat. Public apologies from my heart.

John

Attachments

• seat7.jpg
    seat7.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 2,571
  • seat5.jpg
    seat5.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2,571
  • seat4.jpg
    seat4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,570
  • seat3.jpg
    seat3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,570
  • seat2.jpg
    seat2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,570
  • seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,570
Nice setup John! Really looks like a professional installation, and the bench seat looks brand new. I hope you get alotta good use out of it.

Very nice.

You might find those hatches more convenient if you turn them 180° so they open from the top down...at least we like them better that way.

Yeah, I recon I probably will turn them over. I was originally going to put a step or foot rest at the bottom which is why they are where they are. I am still noodling through that.

That's exactly what I want for my boat. Perhaps a little higher so the passengers can see out better and this would also give more storage.

Is the white part of the seat available from any marine supply place?

Nice install.
From looking at the pics you have the full dash like my 2003.
If you followed the old Parker message board back in 2002 -2003 when I was ordering my 2320 I told the dealer I wanted the bench seat on the port side and both the dealer and the people at parker said it was not an option and would not fit.
I had them ship the boat with no port seat installed and told them to ship me the bench seat and I'll take care of it myself.
As far as I know, I was either the 1st or one of the 1st in the country with a 2320 with the port bench seat.
I should have patent the idea !!

Back