new book on pamlico fishing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pboettger

Reaction score
I am writing this note to introduce my recently published book, "Fishing the Western Pamlico" (http://www.warrenpublishing.net/). This book was written to give the reader who is entirely new to fishing, or an experienced fisherman who is new to the region, a basic primer for fishing the waters of the western Pamlico Sound. As you will see in your perusal, the book is much more than a “how to” book about fishing. It includes the physical, geologic features that make the Pamlico special in terms of biodiversity among estuaries, as well as how those factors influence the natural history of the species discussed. Furthermore, it is interwoven with local and regional cultural heritage as it applies to the subject matter.

My share of proceeds will go to the Pamlico-Tar River Foundation (PTRF). Since 1981 PTRF has been working to protect and enhance the Tar-Pamlico watershed from Oxford to Ocracoke. It continues its efforts through education, political advocacy, and research.

To my knowledge, there are no other books on the market that cover the unique difference in NC brackish water fishing to the level of detail available in "Fishing the Western Pamlico". It will likely be available in some local bookstores and tackle shops in the spring, but now can be ordered from your local Barnes and Noble for $10.95, and picked up to save shipping cost. I hope you enjoy. Happy New Year!

Peter Boettger
Greenville NC
1990 Parker 25 CC

Attachments

• bookcover.jpg
    bookcover.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 169
Back