New Fuel Tank for the '91 Parker 2310

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captbug

Reaction score
The Crab Trap, our '91 2310, needed a new fuel tank. Talk about a project. Took about 2-3 weeks working on it a few days a week.
Step 1: Drain and give all the neighbors free gas for their mowers.
Step 2: Contact Parker engineer for blueprints and order replacement tank. Pick up tank.
Step 3: CUT HOLE IN DECK WITHOUT EXPLOSION.
Step 4: Dig out old gas-soaked epoxy foam.
Step 5: Use house jack to break seal of tank from foam and lift out old tank.
Step 6: Drain out seven gallons of gas in bottom of boat.
Step 7: Cut new marine grade ply for deck.
Step 8: Reconnect and install new tank. Re-foam around tank.
Step 9: Re-glass patch.
Step 10: Level, sand and re-gel coat deck.

I'm sure I've left off many many steps, but you get the idea...
Mg8taY6.jpg

FMj4i9y.jpg

8vc7pDi.jpg

7C9Pncr.jpg

QQf3poR.jpg

ILXiq0U.jpg

S2CJQdb.jpg

bqDbqP6.jpg

UvpDZl8

jtJw4FZ.jpg

g14Ti8S.jpg

Brent":2450zz1l said:
Wow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not for the faint of heart. This was the biggest boat project we've ever tackled. Tried to get estimates from three different boat yards and they didn't want to do it! That should have told me something... :shock: :roll: :p

I contacted several yards in SW Florida about the tank. I don’t have water in the fuel bowl and when pie plates are open there is no gas smell. The fuel sender has been resealed and use new screws with sealant, gasket is ok but tank is on borrowed time. Most said no the remainder said bring to them and they will look at it. Awful the simple question was can you replace a gas tank on a Parker. Clear to me. I don’t trust pressure testing and can’t find a local guy or firm to scope it through the fuel fill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back