New jewelry for the Yams...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gw204

Reaction score
15.25 x 19 Mercury Mirage Plus wheels picked up off of Ebay for under $300. They need a little cleaning/shining, but they I'm expecting them to be a big improvement over the 14 x 19 Yamaha wheels that are on the boat now. :)

IMG_69121.jpg

vs.

IMG_7259.jpg

I'll post speed numbers before the swap, after the swap and yet again after I raise the engines 2 notches.

Those things will polish up just fine. Just find your local sandy bottom and proceed slowly. :D

My prop generally gets polished while fishing topwater in the shallows. 8)

Got the new props on today. Didn't have a chance to water test yet though. That will happen this Friday.

Old 14 x 19 Yamaha wheels.

IMG_7298.jpg

Old Yamaha vs. new Mirage Plus. Quite a difference. :)

IMG_7299.jpg

New 15.25 x 19 Mirage Plus wheels.

IMG_7300.jpg

I also had the engines raised 2 holes on Friday. Between that and these new props, I can't wait to see what she does now. :D

Ok, they didnt raise bubba but Brian's boat performed very well with the props. I think he topped out over 48mph without them being trimmed all the way up and a heavy load. They were loafing at around 3300-3400 at 24 knots burning ~16gph combined. I think at 3900 he was rolling over 28knots :shock: The props gave a lot bite compared to his original props as we had to sludge through some heavy chop (chop was so high we even took a wave over the bow of GW Sailfish :shock: ). Glad to have been on a Grady in a "weather advisory". 8)

I will say that the Yam's are pretty quiet and for just a pair of EFI 2 stokes they trolled at idle well but I dont think I would trade my Opti for one 8) Brian has himself a heck of rig though :D

Those OX66's may be considered 'old school' by some, but my 225 has been rock solid for the past couple of years.

She had some issues when I bought her due to 'deferred maintenance', but once the maintenance was updated... she has been 100% reliable ever since. :wink:

Glad to hear that you guys made it out. I had quite a shock at the turn in the weather when I returned to the States. :shock:
I had to break out the long pants today. :(

Kev,

when it was drizzling, blowing 25 knots, and in the 40's, I was wishing I had a 3rd layer of pants let alone shorts. Welcome back :lol:

You didn't miss anything Kev. I think at some point every person on my boat commented on how we should have cancelled our plans and stayed home....except for Greg's kid. :)

Aside from the 25 kt winds, rain and cold Greg mentioned, we fought a bunch of 5'ers and crab pots in 60' of water... :(

I don't think I have ever been so happy to go to sleep. I wanna say that I was at the helm from about 5:30 to 4:30 with an hour break in there somewhere. Wheeling hard to port, then hard to starboard, watching the electronics, adjusting speed and dodging pots almost all day really wiped me out. I was literally falling asleep at the dinner table when I got home. Nothing like trying to eat pizza, dozing off and dreaming of crab pots all at the same time. My head hit the pillow at 8:30 and I didn't wake up until 7:30 the next morning. :)

Back