NEW line of fishing reels. Welcome to Montauk Fishing Gear

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelyNauti

Reaction score
Montauk lat 41.04'18.33N lon 71.55'33.05 W
Ok, lay it on Parker brothers.....
My site will be finished in 4 more days and i have given my brother the retail website ......

I am going to concentrate on the Promotion of my line of reels for a long while.

I will be up in Mass and Conn on sat and sunday so if anyone wants to meet me at a few tackle shops ill be at let me know......

here are a few picks but visit the site ill answer as many questions as i can but from my site, so as not to hog or misuse this forum, unless it is ok with Dale and Kevin ........ :p :p :p :p :p :p

montaukfishinggear.com

Attachments

• MTK Reels-1.jpg
    MTK Reels-1.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 701
  • MTK Reels-10.jpg
    MTK Reels-10.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 701
  • MTK Reels-13.jpg
    MTK Reels-13.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 701
  • MTK Reels-15.jpg
    MTK Reels-15.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 701
  • MTK Reels-19.jpg
    MTK Reels-19.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 701
  • MTK Reels-22.jpg
    MTK Reels-22.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 701
Nice looking stuff!!!! Just getting done building a new rod, wouldn't mind slapping one of those on it!!! :D

those look just like my okuma reels are they the same family?

I promise you for a fact, only because i bought in to this small lil company its nothing like any okumo makes , Okumo had its beginnings as a part mfg....they still make 90 % of all the spools out there but no part on Montauk Fishing Gear comes from them !!!

Whoa!

Those look incredible!
Sort of a cross between an Avet and an Accurate.

I predict if those reels work as good as they look, your going to have a winner!

Those would go over big in Southern California... Who are you going to have rep those on the west coast?

Can you give us some details on the guts?

Nice gear. What would you suggest for pitching a naked hoo to a white marlin? I am looking for a nice small reel on a light setup for that.

Can you give some drag #s, ratios, line capacities, what are the gears made of, how is the anti reverse made a bearing or dogs or both? Is the anti reverse tight or loose? Bearings- sealed or open? Is drag dry or greased?

Parker23":22ea1hhx said:
Can you give some drag #s, ratios, line capacities, what are the gears made of, how is the anti reverse made a bearing or dogs or both? Is the anti reverse tight or loose? Bearings- sealed or open? Is drag dry or greased?
:?:

ReelyNauti":xmkd3npw said:
I promise you for a fact, only because i bought in to this small lil company its nothing like any okumo makes , Okumo had its beginnings as a part mfg....they still make 90 % of all the spools out there but no part on Montauk Fishing Gear comes from them !!!
any info on the reels? You seem to knock Okuma, take a look at the Maikaria line because accurate and avet are! Okuma with that line the cedros and the andros have just raised the bar. Your reel looks similar to the canyon line is it the same factory?

All the info you will need should be posted on the web site

Montaukfishinggear.com

ALL The gears are all high grade stainless and the carbon fiber drags are made in the USA

The only two exceptions are 802-10 and 802-15 have bronze gears

are those 30s 50s and 130s single or dual or quad drags? they seem to have some nice numbers !

The 130 only comes in dual drag

the 50 and 30 come both ways , We have come up with an ingenious way to achieve larger drag systems and YES THEY HAVE BEEN LAB tested , these are real numbers

the most slippage we had was from 1 to 3.2 #'s after that from 3.3 to 84 and 3.4 to 106 we were Solid !!!

I just want to take a minute to thanks some members here , The reel sales have picked up and selling well.

Thanks to those who helped, your reel will be in the mail soon. Cant wait ti hit ICAST show in vegas, might need help let me know ill pay your way !!!

Latest posts

Back