New member, Parker 2530 Juneau Alaska

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2005 Parker 2530. Super excited to use it next spring for fishing and cruising with the family. We had a 19 foot glasply cuddy before so this is a pretty big upgrade. Our Parker was speced for cruising with the galley and dinette but doesn't have much for fishing so I'll be adding fishing stuff (downriggers, kicker, bait table). First additions will be a heater (because alaska) and downriggers. Excited to be part of this community!

-Wes

1699460928763.png

Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2005 Parker 2530. Super excited to use it next spring for fishing and cruising with the family. We had a 19 foot glasply cuddy before so this is a pretty big upgrade. Our Parker was speced for cruising with the galley and dinette but doesn't have much for fishing so I'll be adding fishing stuff (downriggers, kicker, bait table). First additions will be a heater (because alaska) and downriggers. Excited to be part of this community!

-Wes

View attachment 38722
Hi Wes, welcome to Classic Parker! No wonder we can't find any 2530's here in the lower-48.... They're all being shipped to Alaska! ☺... You have one of the best-ever Parker models; it's rare, and in big demand. Love the reel-style anchor-rode/chain holder.

Thanks! I'm pretty excited about the anchor reel especially after pulling the anchor by hand from 300+ft halibut fishing on my last boat. I can't wait to dive into the boat in the spring. I'll definitely have some questions for all of you.

Thanks! I'm pretty excited about the anchor reel especially after pulling the anchor by hand from 300+ft halibut fishing on my last boat. I can't wait to dive into the boat in the spring. I'll definitely have some questions for all of you.
What engines do you have in that ? And what’s your top end mph?

OK that's great to know. Especially the RPMs. I was just about at 5200 too. I was thinking of playing with props and mounting heights at some point but no time soon. Congrats on the repower!

OK that's great to know. Especially the RPMs. I was just about at 5200 too. I was thinking of playing with props and mounting heights at some point but no time soon. Congrats on the repower!
You should be at 5800-6000rpm 5200 max rpm way to low

You should be at 5800-6000rpm 5200 max rpm way to low
Yamaha states the max operating range as 5-6k. I agree that 5200 seems on the low side, but not outside of spec. This was the setup recommended by PropGods for this hull/motor combo, so I’m going to keep running it for a season or two to see how it plays out.

Back