New Member - Rhode Island

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundog

Reaction score
Hello Everybody.

New member from Burrillville, RI here.

Just bought my first Salt Water boat, which is a 2003 Parker 2320.

My first project will be to install a new GPS/Fishfinder. I was leaning to the Raymarine c80, but someone recommended I spend the extra money for the c120.

I'd be interested to hear suggestions from experienced Parker owners. c80 or c120? Flush mount or bracket?

And if you are wondering about my screen name, I also like to pheasant hunt. :)

Mike W

Attachments

• Parker helm.jpg
    Parker helm.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 708
Welcome aboard Mike. Where do you keep her during the season? Wet slip or trailer launch? I am looking at the fresh 5 inches here in Apponaug Cove...so much for the 2 - 4 that was forcast :?

With the open area in front of the wheel on the helm, you could easily install the C120 flush mount. Frankly I think you might be happier with the larger screen. Easier to see if you add all the features that creates split screens.

Are you going to the PVD boat show the end of the month? Might find a deal on the stuff you are looking for. Let me know I have some coupons and tickets.

Again welocme to Parker Nation. Do some searches and look around, there is a wealth of info here that cover projects like the one you are asking about.

Thanks Mathew.

We are still getting the snow up here in Burrillville. Guess that is why they call it the "snow belt".

I plan to keep it in Westport, MA. Already have a slip. It's actually where I bought the boat.

Can't wait to try my luck at Cuttyhunk.

Gundog,

Welcome, you will like the 2320, it's a great boat. I have a 2007, but I really like the former cabin and helm layout like your boat has. You will find that CP is a great resource.

wayne

Welcome aboard Mike!
You have some great real estate available to you there.
Go as big as you can afford. :wink:

Here is how I did mine.

Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg

Hi Mike and good luck with the new boat and welcome to CP. First, are you a R.I.S.A.A. member, if not you may consider joining like this site it is a great place to find information. I used to live in Burrilville right up the road from The Westin Hotel (great place to wet the whistle). I have a 2120 PH and love it and have picked up a million ideas here on CP, it is a great place to find what you need and also for ideas. I keep my boat at Stone Cove Marina in Wakefield but do find myself fishing off of Newport quite often so we may see each other along the coast. I went with the Garmin 4208 and love it. Pete

gundog":3fa45kog said:
Thanks Mathew.

...I plan to keep it in Westport, MA. Already have a slip. It's actually where I bought the boat.

Can't wait to try my luck at Cuttyhunk.

That is a tricky harbor to get in and out of. Couple of "doglegs" and a large loop around a shoal. The mouth can be fun :wink: when the rollers come across Buzzards Bay out of the SE. :roll:

The Sow and Pigs area off of Cuttyhunk is very good. I also see a lot of the fishing fleet off Quicks Hole and Lucas Shoal, Sundays, when I'm running up Vineyard Sound on the Millennium. :shock:

Megabyte's helm is a good layout for you to use as a pattern. Actually his whole boat is very cool. 8)

Gundog

Welcome Aboard!

I have a 2520XL and only have room in dash for the E80 series. My advice and opinion would be no matter what size you go with get the E80 or E120 instead of the C series. It is loaded with many more features and later on you will wish you had.

Good Luck
Catfish

Don't do thatt to me catfish. :lol:

Now I have to look at the E series.

What features do like?

Gundog

Now that we have your attention. Look into the E80 or E120 "system pack" it comes with everything but your radar dome, Vhf Antenna, and transducer. It has an awesome Ray218 VHF w/hailer instead of the Ray 54 that most places install. Now that the G series is out the prices have come way down. Shop First! There will be huge spring sales and boat shows! (And if there is enough money left over, go with an Airmar M260 high performance in hull transducer kit) Sweeeeet!

Good Luck
Catfish
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... sNum=10803

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... sNum=10803

Congrats on the new boat. We like the older helm as well and hopefully will get the 2320 when we can spend more time in the salt water.

Welcome to ClassicParker and the ParkerNation and your on-line Parker Owner's Manual.

The 2320 is an awesome hull. If I ever get permission from the admiral, I'm going to downsize to the 23' hull.

How about some pics...we live here on CP by pics.

Dave

aka

Porkchunker, since this is my first salt water boat, I appreciate the vote of confidence in my choice!

Attached is one of her in the water (it has the previous owners boat name still on the side). I bought it during the winter, so I can't wait for Spring!

Mike W.

Attachments

• parker 2320.jpg
    parker 2320.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 498

Latest posts

Back