New member RI

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HM5

Reaction score
Bought a 2003 2520XL this past June. Been trying to straighten out previous owners' goof ups. Fellow I bought it from said batteries would run down, and there were other electrical problems. Yeah, bilge pumps didn't work and when the aft pump dash switch was turned on, the switch for the washdown pump would light up. Hmmmm! Somehow the ground cable to the aft ground buss was missing. Why the buss was put where it can be washed with salt water is beyond me, but problem solved.

Power is 250 HPDI with a 9.9 fourstroke kicker for trolling. Original owner outfitted helm with Raymarine radar and chartplotter/ fishfinder displays, ST5000 autopilot. All linked together through SeaTalk network. Not my first choice, but after ripping out all the "homerun" wiring and using the power buss at the helm below the installed displays, everything works well. Added a Northstar 952xD and an ICOM 602.

Nice having it at a dock in front of my house on a protected inlet off Narraganset Bay. My Mate and I can use it frequently for cruising. I can even take it to work and tie off to a dock there. There is just something very settling in leaving work and taking a 30 min boat ride home. I can leave all the work troubles in the water on the way...HA!

Have been lurking for the past couple of months. This looks like a great place to hang and share ideas. Hope I may be of some help to others.

Welcome aboard! :)
Do you have any photos of your ride?

Drive the boat to work? Yea, I should be so lucky. :wink:

Back